Mystery or is it ?

lewshanks

Ok wise ones what we have here is a strange one recently bought a 500s after having an F3 ..anyway all is fine image and everything else however when i connected to the tv it was almost unwatchable the brightness on the whites on the tv made it like looking into bright sunshine ...the colours were so vibrant it hurt the eyes... no mattter how much i played with contrast colour on the tv it made hardly any difference
the picture is dark to watch but when the background is white ..it shines through the darkness .. i have tried various connections ..scart to scart ..av to av and av to scart i have also messed with setting s on 500s
but the real mystery starts when i access the menu of the tv ..the picture is superb all the colours on the menu guide are perfect ...exit the menu ..back to the bright lights of vegas ..doing my head in ..thanks in advance ..

Any problems then come back to me.
Go to pli.org for image download----I advise that you use Dreamup to flash image using null modem cable.
Reaper.

Wow thanks for the reply ..what image would you suggest ..previously i have used jade pli before i had my F3 this new box i have is running commando ..so was wondering if that image was causing the fault ..

Most DM500s' are clones and have their likes and dislikes for images----I now only install the latest night builds for 5oos direct from the pli site---it's fully supported in the set-up and menu, not hard to follow and all software is there and basically all the hardwork is image flashing---entering menu for latest cam config and cccam. Enter your C**** and scan in the sat channels. Average image flash around 10mins with dreamup, 1omins to set up, takes awhile to scan in channels then 5mins to ftp your line. All in all about an hour and you should be sitting back with a beer and watching your program.
Reaper.

Geez your fast ..right i had already reflashed the commando image back onto the box when i caught this message ..but me being impatient forgot to back up my CCcam so now i'm searching for one now ..but i am getting there ..you were right an absolute doddle with dream up ..my first flash was flawless now off to find that CCcam ,,many thanks

Hey reaper mate ..how long does this Pli image take to scan transponder been scanning now for about 30 mins and nothing? ..took the commando off and flashed pli instead

would have thought it should start finding channels after 10 secs,sat cable connected and correct sat named to scan?

Yeah just giving it another check now

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 PM ----------

Dunno what i done mate but its started now ..think i might have been set up ..rebooted and went through slowly ..started scanning right away ..thanks

What's an xml file?ROFL
Sorry but I had to say it before you.
But no that won't arise as all s/w included, but, how and where does the line go will be next.
Reaper.

Please excuse our banter Lewshanks but we have learnt to await certain questions. Plus, the title of this thread tends to bring out the "Scooby Doo" syndrome in us. We all had to learn and the added frivolity tends to make the learning more fun. Hope we have helped and not offended you m8.
Reaper.

Back