Need to update firmware so i can have new Kodi

jaffabfc

Currently on 5.0 but cant download new kodi unless i update it.

I have tried doing it with the pin and sd card but it isnt working it wont go into recovery mode when i do it.

Tried updating via USB but its come up with an error and i dont know why.

I get it into recovery every so often but then it keeps scrolling threw the options automatically, can someone help me?

Its really annoying, otherwise i am going to have to buy another one thats updated.

Its currently the M8S box

Currently on 5.0 but cant download new kodi unless i update it.

I have tried doing it with the pin and sd card but it isnt working it wont go into recovery mode when i do it.

Tried updating via USB but its come up with an error and i dont know why.

I get it into recovery every so often but then it keeps scrolling threw the options automatically, can someone help me?

Its really annoying, otherwise i am going to have to buy another one thats updated.

Its currently the M8S box
Why not stick with 17.3 mate dont fix what's not broken

Kodi/krython 17.3 works ok with firmware 5 . wont work with firmeare below 5 eg 4.2 etc . jarvis 16.1 still working with older firmware .. you can also download spmc wich is a fork of kodi fot boxrs with firmeare below 5 .....

Techkings

Paulie's right Krypton should work on 5.0 FW cos that's what everybody's tryin to get their FW up to but if it's still not working for you the peeps at MyGica have created a solution to get Krypton 17 on older boxes above is a simple YT tutorial and I just used it there yesterday on my old MXQ S805 which is running 4.4.2 FW and it's working a treat. I advise you not to start messing with the firmware because the cpu's are all different and well over half the people that try it end up brickin their box or the Wi-Fi & remote no longer works even over at the MXQ-Project website they did an article promoting some developer named Abdul who had adapted a K1 program to update the FW on an MXQ cos they're similar but even they admitted the ROM disabled two of their cores and on some Wi-Fi drivers the chipsets were not present Full article here - http://mxqproject.com/tutorial-s805-update-the-mxq-s805-box-to-android-5-1-lollipop/ - Hope that helps bud!!

Last edited:
Back