netgear router problems

pkyler82

Hi all and thanks in advance for your help
Problem is my skybox f5s is freezing quite bad and always has only had it a fortnight. I have a wired connection but when I plug the ethernet cables in the netgear router the Internet light gors flashing amber. It doesn't stop the internet from working but the flashing amber light is usually green. I tried the same ethernet cable into the laptop abd the Internet light on the router was green as supposed to be. So why when the skybox f5s is plugged in is it flashing amber. Thanks again

when the light is amber it means it has a internet connection however, not a very good one. check your download speeds when the box is disconected and then connect it up and check again. make sure your filters etc are ok on your phone sockets. a skybox dose not need fast download times however, they do need to be consistant.

what the amber light means is when you connect it to your skybox to your router it means that it is communicating with your skybox at 10mbps. i am not sure this is fast enough for cardsharing

Cheers for ur help mike. If I was to use wireless connection would that make it a stronger speed or is the speed that am getting wired the maximum

it is always better to use a wired connection. for this to happen you must be getting very slow download speeds i would imagine

Back