Never say thanks

the reaper

VIP Member
I detest those, who never say thanks, for assistance given by other members, but just disappear off site, then re-appear months later for more help.
It's a small word but it counts a lot.
Reaper.

If I am reading right, I couldn't agree more, if you help me out then I click the Thanks/like button under your post, it's just manners. It then pops up in your control panel and you know who was actually helped by what you posted.

If you are talking about a post that merely says "thanks", "cheers", "gentleman", etc., then I completely disagree, and here is why. I spend far too much time deleting these one or two word posts that are against the rules, so much time, that I have been missing posts that are aimed at me in the Wii and the E-book and the DS sections, amongst others.

If you are talking about the second type of Thanks, then sorry, they probably have thanked you, but it is probably me deleting them LOL lol

Finally, I wouldn't say detest personally, but it does get right on my T*TS (y)

If I am reading right, I couldn't agree more, if you help me out then I click the Thanks/like button under your post, it's just manners. It then pops up in your control panel and you know who was actually helped by what you posted.

Yep---this is it----so easy.
Reaper.

Very true but I think most users use tap-a-talk like me, that does not include the thanks button. Maybe this can be a feature we can ask the dev of the app (s) to include.

Tapatalk does have it (well a likes anyway), you tap the post and up come your options - reply, Quote, like, multi quote, share and "more". now that being said it doesn't come up below your post, it comes across it on laptop, and a thumb comes up on tapatalk.

My apologies, Reaper. Been having a bit of a DIY disaster at the minute (almost lost a finger, lol).... Between that, and still trying to drive for work, I've been feeling sorry for myself :(

But I can't thank you enough for your help.

And check your PM's, sir! I'm doped up on painkillers, and dunno how long I'll be conscious. :grin:

Thanks for the "Thanks" Shad--I am always most appreciative of people like your good self.
Get well soon my friend and thank you again,
Reaper.

dont understand all this thanks/likes etc, its all to facebookey, twittery for me ( not on them either), people have helped me on here & i have thanked due to this forums etiquet, if i helped someone i would rather see that they got "sorted" it wouldn't bother me in the slightest tbh if i got thanked or not , just old fashioned i suppose

The thing is, from my point of view at least, is that I have to come in here night after night and delete about 20 one word posts "thanks" "cheers", amongst others. It means I have a lot less time to enjoy the forum myself as I spend almost an hour chasing around moderating. It is easier to click the thanks button, than it is to type thanks and click on the post quick reply.

Well , learned something reading this , never knew , I bet most other casual users don't know either thst one word posts are
A against the rules and B require removing by mods . Still don't know what for mind.

Well , learned something reading this , never knew , I bet most other casual users don't know either thst one word posts are
A against the rules and B require removing by mods . Still don't know what for mind.

One of the reasons they are removed is to keep the forum tidy and informative to those who come seeking advice. Who wants to read through 5 pages of "thanks" just to try and get some pertinent information. People will give up and either post a new thread for the same problem (which also requires clean up by the mods) or they will seek their information elsewhere.

I have been on forums where you get pages of thanks or cheers and mods dont have time to remove them, after about page 3 you give up and forget what it was all about, where as a button saves time and pages for everyone, and also lets other people know that the info given has worked. if i see a post with say 20 thanks or like buttons ticked then i know i can trust the info where as if i see a thread and it takes pages to see any other comments i would just give up.
HT and his team have always kept this forum neat and tidy. I havent been around for a while, but because its neat and tidy i can still find what im looking for.
Remember guys the whole team Admin Mods and members all work hard to keep a forum going.

Back