NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4 & 3

bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
NEW 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak For iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 3, 2, 1 & iPod Touch 4 & 3 (Absinthe 2.0)

Full list of compatible devices for 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak are as follows:

iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPad (3rd gen)
iPad 2
iPad 1
iPod touch 3G
iPod touch 4G
Apple TV 2G
As a part of that hard work, the Chronic Dev Team have provided the necessary updates to their Absinthe tool, which was originally released back in January, and was the tool behind jailbreaking the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2 (on iOS 5.x) for the first time. Absinthe is an extremely simple GUI tool which allows users to inject the necessary files into their device so that they can benefit from the untethered jailbreak. If you happen to be sitting with an iOS 5.1.1 device in your hand, then read on for full details on how to use the Absinthe app to achieve an untether.

Video Tut and how to
download greenpois0n http://greenpois0n.com/?page_id=18

[video=youtube;XJW3svICLT8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJW3svICLT8&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

Last edited:
greenpois0n will put cydia on your iPhone to get the free apps you will need cydia.hackulo.us on your iPhone to download apps

Go to cydia once installed via greenpoison and click on manage - sources - click edit at the top - input the cydia.hackulo.us then click add then a message will pop up click ADD ANYWAY.
Once its done installing and has downloaded the information click return to cydia and then go on cydia.hackulo.us in Sources section and look for installous 4 and install and then once its done respring your device when given the option after its downloaded all the info and you will see a installous icon on your iphone.

my ipod is already jailbroken, my friend said that he you can download the jailbreak from straight from cydia called Rocky Racoon, but today i tried downloading it but it says 'cannot comply' do u know how to fix this or are the severs too busy. sorry if im off subject

Try to reboot your i device by holding down the power button and home button until it swicthes the phone off and when it reboots back up and shows the apple logo let go of both buttons and let it load up and then click on cydia and see if you can download again, rocky racoon is for people who had a tethered jailbreak and what rocky racoon does is make it untehthered. If you i device was not jailbroken before then apply the 2.0.4 absinthe jailbreak from scratch.

I had my 3GS jailbroken with RedSnow and tried the new Absynthe 2 but couldnt get it working. I didnt know Rocky Racoon can make it an untethered JB. Thanks for this :woohoo:

I had my 3GS jailbroken with RedSnow and tried the new Absynthe 2 but couldnt get it working. I didnt know Rocky Racoon can make it an untethered JB. Thanks for this :woohoo:

No probs, keep me updated on how you get on. Should be smooth sailong once you install rockyracoon from cydia

I've got an iphone 4 on 5.1.1, would doing an unteathered jailbreak effect future updates with itunes? Only asking because the wife has got a 3gs unlocked on 4.1.1 and it cant be updated. would hate to get into that position. Not had a look for a while, but is it possible to carrier unlock a 3gs on a more advanced firmware than 4.1.1?

I've got an iphone 4 on 5.1.1, would doing an unteathered jailbreak effect future updates with itunes? Only asking because the wife has got a 3gs unlocked on 4.1.1 and it cant be updated. would hate to get into that position. Not had a look for a while, but is it possible to carrier unlock a 3gs on a more advanced firmware than 4.1.1?

Doing a untethered jailbreak for your iphone4 5.1.1 would be the sensible thing to do right away also as it goes goes for itunes updates there is always a quick fix for syncing problems if ever they came up but at the mo its fine.
And about the iphone 3gs unlock im not to sure as i dont have that phone to hand.
Also off topic you should check pit ifunbox type it in goole and download the program its very useful if you ever had issues with itunes.

You can update the 3gs to 5.1.1 and unlock it to any network because I helped my mate do his you have to use ultrasnow 1.2.7 to unlock it after updating it and jailbreaking it full instructions can be found by googling it .I hope this helps

You can update the 3gs to 5.1.1 and unlock it to any network because I helped my mate do his you have to use ultrasnow 1.2.7 to unlock it after updating it and jailbreaking it full instructions can be found by googling it .I hope this helps

Does it make a difference which software was used to jailbreak and carrier unlock the phone prior to updating? Tried to update with itunes before and failed. Will have a look around and see what can be done.

Sorted it! Had a bit of trouble activating the phone once 5.1.1 was installed,my virgin mobile sim card was not a able to be used for activation. Tried loads of sims of various backgrounds, untill i popped a Tesco one in then it activated. Also couldn't find "ultrasn0w" in "cydia" so had to do a bit of reading around to find out how to get it. Got mt data settings working by going to a website called unlockit on my 3gs,then created an APN settings profile. The site installs it for you and that was it for me! Cheers for all the help. In the good books with the wife now.

hi i have done everything in your video tutorial i was on t-mobile but the phone wont read my voda sim still says no service any help appreciated thanks in advance

Have you activated the phone once ISo 5.1.1 was installed? I had to use a different sim to my virgin one just to get it going before I used redsn0w to jailbreak.

apple is useless, dont buy into them (meaning dont spend hundreds on their phone) and their life-sapping apps. android phones go as low as 40 dollars in the right places. and who made android? the very company we know and love - google! has the same thing..apps apps apps...

apple is useless, dont buy into them (meaning dont spend hundreds on their phone) and their life-sapping apps. android phones go as low as 40 dollars in the right places. and who made android? the very company we know and love - google! has the same thing..apps apps apps...

This has zero to do with the thread. Don't bust into the discussion simply to flame. You want to contribute something useful in here, then by all means do so. You want to rant, then we have a discussion area for that as well, just not in here.

Back