New box or multiple

JayR962

I have kodi on my laptop and connect it to the tele when I wanna watch something but the missus wants to buy me a new box for under the tv. I use kodi a lot and like messing with it and quite comfortable with it all. What I'm wondering though is what box should I go for? Do I get one that can do both sattalite and kodi or should I invest in two seperate ones so I can have the best boxes for each one. What do you think? Is the amiko a3 any good? What is the nvidia shield like? What is the ultimate box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

personally I would say a box for each
I have a mut@nt as a sat box downstairs that runs solid and has direct kodi installed that works okish
I also have apple TV so I can mirror my jailbroken iphone 6 with kodi installed - runs quick
upstairs I have an openbox for sat and a amazon firestick, I have sideloaded kodi onto the firestick and it runs great, I think you can do the same with firetv box

Im sure there are probably other ways / better ways I have heard of boxes that run both in fact the mut@ant i have can run both sat and full blown kodi using different firmware than e2/vix

have a look on WOS i think they sell android boxes too for kodi

Last edited:
Wow you have a good selection of gadgets. I like the idea of one box for all but also like the idea of having multiple so I can mess with them.

I have had a pi but never had an android box. There's so many out there.

It's a tough decision haha

Another vote for keeping them seperate. As mentioned, fire stick is a cheap way of running kodi and quality and speed is excellent.

Wow you have a good selection of gadgets. I like the idea of one box for all but also like the idea of having multiple so I can mess with them.

I have had a pi but never had an android box. There's so many out there.

It's a tough decision haha

If you still have the Pi the use that to run Kodi - it is just as good as any android box or Fire stick/TV IMHO - then you just need a box for the satellite

Back