New box Upgrade from Cloud iBox 2.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone could help. Currently got a Cloud iBox 2Plus SE and find it alot better than my previous Skybox/Openbox. Anyway, I think I'm ready to go to the next level and try something that's officially supported by VIX. I've seen a few and looked through the guide posted on here and the VU+ Zero box seems to be a contender for a new box. Question is, apart from being officially supported by VIX what other benefits will I get? Will I be better just spending the extra and buying a more high-end box from say Technomate?

i looked at vu zero and it had no spdif and opted for the miracle box mini which has spdif and free EXTERNAL IR RECEIVER INCLUDED!
always read the specs as to what you want yes vu zero is excellent and will leave all those clones in the dust.

all down to your budget mate

but vu+ are all top boxes
i have vu+ zero and vu+solo2 both exellent boxes

I wouldn't bother with the VU+ Zero.

Why do you need to move up is there features that you need the ibox does not support?

Who cares about official vix support that is those guys issues if you install a working build no need to keep messing about with updates.

i looked at vu zero and it had no spdif and opted for the miracle box mini which has spdif and free EXTERNAL IR RECEIVER INCLUDED!
always read the specs as to what you want yes vu zero is excellent and will leave all those clones in the dust.

Thanks for the recommendation. What sort of price am I looking at?

all down to your budget mate

but vu+ are all top boxes
i have vu+ zero and vu+solo2 both exellent boxes

I'd say £99 to £150 maybe? Out of those, which would you say?

I wouldn't bother with the VU+ Zero.

Why do you need to move up is there features that you need the ibox does not support?

Who cares about official vix support that is those guys issues if you install a working build no need to keep messing about with updates.

At the moment the Cloud iBox works fine, it's just I fine some firmware updates don't work and have to drop back a release, ideally I was looking for an official Open VIX box so I could have the latest version. In addition, the faster hardware seemed promising too.

In addition to that, we ideally need another box for our house too haha.

Back