new cable install

pestman

Hi I am having vermin cable broadband and phone fitted on Saturday. Does anyone know if any of the cables or boxes they fit will also carry a live tv signal as standard . I don't have a cable box to test for a connection when they have set things up. I do have an lg tv with cable ant input ,but don't know if I could test for a signal with that. I was hoping they would leave a connection at the box to make a tv install in the future easier.

if you are getting broadband you have a connection you just need a splitter for what ever box you get and i would dump the phone line you dont have to have one with vm
Ok thanks very much, I didn't realize the broad.band cable carried the tv signal as well. I will get a splitter.Thanks

get a box with DVB-T2/C tuners rather than DVB-C tuners, T2/C tuners can be used for cable or freeview, DVB-C are cable only so if/when cable card sharing goes a box with DVB-C tuner becomes a doorstop, a box with DVB-T2/C tuner can still be used as a freeview PVR box.

get a box with DVB-T2/C tuners rather than DVB-C tuners, T2/C tuners can be used for cable or freeview, DVB-C are cable only so if/when cable card sharing goes a box with DVB-C tuner becomes a doorstop, a box with DVB-T2/C tuner can still be used as a freeview PVR box.
Thanks for all the replies. I will probably look for a box with T2/C tuners + a sat tuner. I have a zgemma H9S at the moment.

Thanks for all the replies. I will probably look for a box with T2/C tuners + a sat tuner. I have a zgemma H9S at the moment.
The Zgemma H7C is a good value box, 2 separate DVB-T2/C tuners and single Sat Tuner.

Homeplugs or long lan cables and switches to add more lan ports to other things that may be added later.

I know this is not very relevant but just something to note. If you are in a new install area where the cables have just been laid then you may have another box to contend with which is know as project lightening. So you have the brown box outside then it comes in through the wall then goes to another white powered box and then the cable comes out of that to the router. I put my splitter between the white box and the router and then fed my cable box under the floor. This might just be of interest if you where thinking of having the router say upstairs.

Yes, I am very tempted, the lowest price I can find is £120 but it is uhd and a hard drive can be fitted.
great little box m8
hard drive can be fitted in 5 minutes
UHD ?? 4K channels are not working for me, but may do in the future
specs
* DVB-S2/S2X + 2*DVB-T2/C tuners built-in
* Support 4K- 2160p
only 2 channels in 4k are
BT sport 531 and 532

great little box m8
hard drive can be fitted in 5 minutes
UHD ?? 4K channels are not working for me, but may do in the future
specs
* DVB-S2/S2X + 2*DVB-T2/C tuners built-in
* Support 4K- 2160p
only 2 channels in 4k are
BT sport 531 and 532
I receive 4k vod from my provider. Also some uhd usa movie channels and a few Canada channels in uhd. With no lag or pixilation. I am using a zgemma h9s at the moment.

Back