New cable receiver

razz1979

Hi all,

I'll just start by saying that my last cable box was a Starview 2 so I've been away from the cable scene for a few years.

I most recently had an openbox v8s that has now joined my starview as a doorstop.

I have VM bb so am ready to go on that front, now which receiver? I like the look of the Mutant hd51 but is it worth twice the price of a zgemma h5.2tc?

I do have a 4k tv, is there 4k content via VM?

I'm not tied to buying either of these two boxes, so if there is alternatives I should be considering then please suggest away.

I need to be able to closely emulate the look and feel of sky tv for familiarity (missus & daughter) and have a real dislike for delays in switching between channels (from sky hd -> sky sd has an awful delay).

Mutant hd is at the top end of my budget at £189 from WOS.

Note that the 4k boxes use Oscam which requires a bit of reading to get going. Before you order do a bit of reading as a lot of people just order without research or reading then come here to find answers afterwards.
The mutant is a nice box and i prefer boxes that can take a HD internally rather than external, it looks more tidy.

Note that the 4k boxes use Oscam which requires a bit of reading to get going. Before you order do a bit of reading as a lot of people just order without research or reading then come here to find answers afterwards.
The mutant is a nice box and i prefer boxes that can take a HD internally rather than external, it looks more tidy.
Thanks for the info, yeah I'd spotted it uses oscam and plan to do my research first. Going from my two previous boxes which were pretty much plug and play hopefully won't be too much for me to get my head around.

The zgemma h5.2tc is a fantastic box can cope with any thing you throw at it

Quite a lot faster and smoother than most boxes :(y):

is it a dual cable receiver ie. watch one channel and record another ? And also I read there is an internal splitter so only 1 cable going in to the 2 receivers is that correct ? Cheers

The zgemma h5.2tc is a triple tuner cable/sat box with one dvb-s tuner & two dvb-c tuners

Yes you can watch one channel and record another on the cable side

You only need one cable connection as the box has an internal splitter fitted

Hope This Helps :(y):

You shouldn't need a multiroom cable sub for recording, it's the same as sat boxes one line for twin tuner boxes.

well its for safe side. some provider are very strict . if caught using high ecm (like dual watching) they will cut u off.
h5.2tc is a great box for bot sat and cable i must say. cpu and memory both are good. also really good for iptv

I have the Vu+ Uno 4K cable. Great machine, 8 tuners may be a bit of over kill but you can use fallback on your old sat boxes to use the spare tuners on the VU+.

As grog68 says if going for a new Vu+ box that would be my choice the Uno 4k or the Solo SE V2 but for a few pounds more the Uno 4k gives you more tuners and it's 4k, faster processor. Please read up on Oscam as the 4k receivers use this.

Back