new cable router

scouse645

Hi, been having problems with my superhub on vcable and would like to change it, has anyone any advise what make i should buy? thanks.

what problems have you had? you cant just change it as its your modem as well as router. Ive got the superhub and had a few probs with wireless - just needed to tweak a few things. I dont know if you can just plug a router into the superhub and run from that, you may be able to turn off the wireless switch.

Thanks for reply, the main problems are the wireless connection, also i don't think it works well for clines and newcamb with the spiderbox, there seems to be a lot of complaints about it so i thought i would try my own but not sure what to buy, you can plug a router in, you just put the superhub in modem mode, done i bit of reading, what tweaks can i try? cheers.

try changing the channel and the band from what ever you have it on. could be just trial and error, or even your security.sorry know nothing about clines etc. The boys on here can help you further but try changing channels for a while and see how each ones goes. Might take a while. I have problems with my wireless printer keeps going offline and the xbox signs out. So yes now and again i have to change the channel from auto to one of the others - the lower the channel apparently the better :)
hope that info helps

Back