new member with an openbox v8S

leemcv

Hi there, I'm new to the site & i've got a really simple & stupid question.
I have ordered an openbox v8S. Can somebody please tell me if I need a satellite dish for it or can I run it through the internet alone?

Thanks .. Lee

You need a sky type dish with LNB and set to astra 28.2E satellite.
Internet is required to get all of the scrambled channels by adding a line.

Thanks for your reply. I thought that I needed a dish, a friend told me he ran his through the internet alone with no dish?? Is astra 28.2E the same that the lnb would be pointed at for sky?

Thanks ... Lee

Yes it is.
If the dish was previously used for sky channels then the new box will work fine once connected to that.

One more quick question. I already have a sky dish installed, still using it with a multiroom subscription. I have bought the openbox to run at the same time as sky to start with - will cancel sky in future if I like the openbox. Is it possible to run the openbox on one line of the sky dish - and sky in another room on the other line of the skydish? I have another dish I can install if I need a separate dish for the openbox.

Lee

Each box needs it's own cable from the dish.
If the LNB was a quad then you can run four cables to boxes from it.
Providing each box has it's own direct feed then they will both run at the same time.

Thank for all your help benijofar, you've been a great help.
My LNB is quad with 4 cables running from it.
I wasn't sure if I could have the sky dish running an openbox & a sky box at the same time - didn't know if it would effect the signal or if sky would 'catch on' to what i was doing.

Thanks ... Lee

Hi I've just got a openbox worked for 2 days then scrambles. I'm still with sky but don't use it . We contacted the person who set us up. He says it should work. My friend lent us there box , worked for 2 days now scrambled again. Do I have to have fibre optic broadband. My original box my friend is using is working fine at there house . Hope you can help

Back