new miraclebox say,s mode not supported

monty45

hi all looking for advice
I have a kryptview 780 and because off all the uncertainty about this box I decided to buy a miracle box mini for cable. this arrived today so decided to try and set it up so I disconnected my kryptview that I no was working fine and connected my Ethernet and cable feed( on vm) to the m/b also hdmi cable and power switched the box on ant it says mode not supported and it wont come off the time on the display.when I first switched it on it booted and I got a msg about open vix and it was on channel 103 but nothing I ndo will get it off the time display as if its on stand by. I have tried every thing I can think of ie turning off power at wall, disconnecting all cables and starting again but the box stays on time. I was expecting to get a set up wizard from the stuff I have read in forums but I am a novice with these boxes . any help or advice on what I might be doing wrong would be appreciated

Have you tried contacting where you bought it from they may have encountered this before

hi yes I contacted wos who I bought the box off .I explained that it booted and loaded but then went to the time clock and I cant get a menu on my tv.they surgested trying another hdmi lead or a different tv if this not work to reflash it with a new open vix .was a bit surprised they suggested the hdmi lead or tv as I told them I get the open vix logo on my tv on the switch on and a msg saying mode not supported but it then goes to the time clock on the display, surly I would not get these if the hdmi or tv was at fault so no further forward as the flast sounds complicated to me

no how would I configure the tuner to cable plz. as I say the box appears to be stuck on the time clock but it does say mode not supported on my tv

thanks gibblets I have a Kingston 8gb stick I bought with the box so I will give it a go later. can I just ask any of you guys am I right though that if the box had booted up ok should I off gotten a start up menu so I could start setting my box up

Should do, could be the hdmi on the TV, you could try it on a different TV even without the sat cable in it should show menu.

that's what I thought .I will try and reflash it .wos have sent me links as how to do this and I will try a different tv .

sorted I tried it on a different tv ant it works. just need to find out how to set up the box now. does any one no were I can find an idiots guide to setting up a miracle box

Back