New satellite dish help..

Shawehall

Hey guys.. Im new to all this but I'm trying to set up a Libertview box.. Ive bought a zone 1 and a sky dish 4 output Lnb.. Ive fixed the dish outside facing roughly the same way as all the other sky dishes nearby then used a signal finder to try and align it up, the problem im having is im getting absolutely no signal Atall.. The signal strength doesn't go up even slightly when it's all plugged in, it's although it's not even there.. The signal finder finds absolutely nothing.. Im thinking could I have a faulty LNB or something ? Appriciate any help
Thanks

You should get something check your cables (shorting) when you connect your satfinder to your box you should get a little light this will tell if you have power to satfinder then connect cable to lnb

Thanks for your reply..I have tried 3 different cables but still got nothing, what would cause them to short ? I get my power light on the sat finder but no signals whatsoever

Make sure your volume is turned right up make sure dish is level lnb is roughly straight move little bit at a time You may pick up 19.2 sat first as that puts out a very strong signal

Sorry where is the volume to turn up ?
Everything is level, ive just been to swap the LNB incase that was faulty.. Im starting to think something ive got isn't the right thing to pick up what I want to pick up.. Just picking up nothing Atall

On the sat finder there is normally a volume/ sensitivity switch turn it fully to right then when you pick up a signal you can adjust it down then move dish to get better signal also make sure lnb is switched on on your box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can download a sat finder on to your iphone for free , this gives a good reading where you can just hold your phone next to the dish. also check on your box in the settings that the power to lnb is turned on..

Now heres a little fact that many overlook---on the signal finder you will see "LNB" and "RECEIVER"--attach a small cable from the Lnb to the socket marked LNB then attach the main cable from the receiver to---yes you guessed it---socket marked RECEIVER. Now the hard bit---switch on the box, after previously and obviously setting it up. Turn the volume knob on the sat finder to full and jiggle the dish left and right, up and down until you get an audible squealing--stop moving dish--set volume to 1/2 and fine adjust dish until the highest signal found---lock dish and check tv for picture. Ensure you are on correct sat before shouting whoopee.

Now I won't name or shame---but to get a signal remember which way the finder fits but most of all---Switch the bl**** box on lol
Reaper.

If the sat finder is one of the cheap ones, then Shawehall must have it connected to the box & it must be switched on, as he says that the sat finder power light is on.

Although he seemed confused about the sensitivity knob, so we don't know what kind of sat finder he is using. That's why I asked if he could tell us or link to it.

Back