new satellite dish

fitted new sat dish today,been at it all day bought a signal meter,
nothing happens moved dish every way it can go ,meter does not register anything any ideas

Did you set the attenuation dial all the way up to start with?

Have a search on YouTube, plenty of guides on how to setup a dish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lnb cable has to be connected to meter then to receiver.Turn receiver onto 28.2e and now move dish until meter picks up signal---then try a scan--if scan works, locate fta channel such as BBC 1 and use the meter to align dish for best signal.
Reaper.

I would first get your elevation right on the dish. Go to dish pointer.com - it will indicate what angle the dish should be for your location. If using openvix then i would go to menu/setup/service searching/signal finder and see if you get a lock on the satellite . If you do then tighten up all. screws on dish.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

A quick way is simply look at ur neighbours dish and try and line it up that way !! Have somebody next to your box and shout if the picture comes on !! Check the settings on your box that the power to the lnb is set to on ! you can also download dish pointer onto your phone and use that to get a good position! Be careful you only have to move the dish slightly to receive or lose the signal!

Back