which way to go?

kudos123

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right forum to post in but if not, I apologize.

I was reading up late last night on which way to go about getting the Sky channels. I'm currently using an IPTV (Fire Stick), but I'm finding it very unreliable. ( i cant watch the rugby; it always goes off, even with a VPN.)

I'm looking at going another route but I'm not sure which way to go.

I've looked at the Enigma box, but am I right in thinking I need a dish to pick up the Sky channels, and i need to point the dish?

The only thing is that I'm in a new build and I don't have a dish already up there, I don't really trust myself going on the roof.

Is there any other option out there that i can use ?

Thanks Matthew

Morning, You really only have two options which are either iptv and it sounds as though you have a bad supplier. I would suggest you put a request in the iptv request thread and try others out, or you will need to have a dish installed and it will need to point at any number of satellites available to view. With a enigma 2 box you will not get the uk hd channels only the sd variant you also need to find a server provider which can be difficult. If you want the HD uk stuff take a look at the Viark thread on the forum. With enigma 2 boxes you can get lots of channels across europe including sky germany in hd but you need a dish pointing at 19.2e. Lots of us have motorised dishes and e2 and viark boxes come into their own.

hi kegnkiwi,

I'll check out the IPTV forum, but I think I'm quite put off by them. I do like the sound of having the dish; do they have service providers on here or are they bought elsewhere? I do like HD but I think i can survive without it , but like you said, I can always point to 19.2e.

i'll check out and research E2 and Viark.

Thanks for the advice and help

There is a satellite request thread just like IPTV request thread. You request in there and if you are lucky you get a reply. Now dish wise is it a new apartment build or your own house? If you want to test the water you could always set one up your self at ground level to try or just get someone to install. Problem is many installers are just for 28.2e the sky UK position, sky German uses 19.2 east and sky it 13e.

Hi ,

Yeah it's new house, we do have an antenna not a dish, so I'm guessing I could swap it.

But I am quite confused at the minute.

I've been looking into the Viark but it looks difficult to get a box. And I'm not sure if I need a sub for this or what I'm still researching .

thanks

The price for the gtmedia is cheaper at first even with a sub but with the viark 4k you get 3 years sub and if you exchange that for the premium channels like sky it drops to 2 years.

If looking at Sst and therefor a new box and dish setup then I would think the viark/gt media option would be better for you.

Sat on E2 boxes is hit and miss, freesat is fine but premium channels have a habit of going off, mine have been off for a couple of weeks now and no response from the provider. It may come back on tomorrow but it may not.

I wouldn't buy a E2 box specifically for getting the Premium channels, if you have one already then that would be a different matter

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right forum to post in but if not, I apologize.

I was reading up late last night on which way to go about getting the Sky channels. I'm currently using an IPTV (Fire Stick), but I'm finding it very unreliable. ( i cant watch the rugby; it always goes off, even with a VPN.)

I'm looking at going another route but I'm not sure which way to go.

I've looked at the Enigma box, but am I right in thinking I need a dish to pick up the Sky channels, and i need to point the dish?

The only thing is that I'm in a new build and I don't have a dish already up there, I don't really trust myself going on the roof.

Is there any other option out there that i can use ?

Thanks Matthew
Sounds like a supplier issue tbh not an IPTV issue.

Hi everyone, thanks for the advice with the satellite and the boxes but Ive had a bit of a change of mind and I'm gonna give IPTV one more try and try and find a new supplier I've posted in the forum for a trial.

I just thought I'd up date everyone .

Thanks again

Back