New to cable..

Bainze

Hi guys,

I will be starting to use cable and have a live Virmin line etc ready.

I would like to know the following if possible:

1) Which box is best? Zgemma H2.H or Zgemma H5.2tc? - I would like to record at least 2 programs at once why watching another and the box is only for cable no satellite. Or if not Zgemma something with build in hard drive is a bonus but only really want to spend £125 max.

2) Where is the Wooshman build for cable? I would like to use it as have used in past - so good! (Link would be great)

3) Can I put Slyskin on the box instead of a Virmin one?

4) Recommended HDD size for recordings etc?

5) What channels dont Virmin have that Sly have? (Any major miss-outs?)

6) Any guide on here with setting up a cable box from wiring, wooshbuild to setting up new line? (Link would be great)

Thank you!

You be lucky mate to get a box for £125 for all that. If you want cheap go zgemma, if not get a quailty box Octogan SF4008 supports 3 cable tuners or the VU+ Uno 4K record up to 8. But your looking at £230+++

Yes, he may have a dish, as he is starting to use cable. so that could suggest that he had a satellite dish before he came over to cable ????

nice box and having an old skydish connected to use freesat and twin cable tuners is deffo worth having with a bonus internal hdd.

thats why one saves up and gets a better unit that can do more,i ended up buying a et 10000 quad tuner and that was expensive.

When i bought this box Catikid, i was going to buy the xtrend et1000, but opted for the mut@nt, both top end rock solid boxes m8..nice buy m8

For now... I might go buy the H2.H this should do me right for cable and recording 2 or more right? Or is this not possible

yes always best looking forward to the future and the strange thing with the et 10000 is twin lan ports and ready for iptv when needed if needed.
think ahead is what i do.

the H2H is no good for what you need, only has 1 cable tuner and 1 sat, the H5.2tc has twin cable and 1 sat so you could watch FTA on sat (assuming you have a dish) and record 2 on cable and is still below your budget. Zgemma are cheap compared to other makes but they are popular, generally reliable, and there is lots of support for them on here.

Check the downloads section for wooshbuild and yes you can install any skin you like, doesn't have to be the vskin. personally I use a 1TB external hdd but have not used more than about 400gb of it but it depends on how much you record and how long you keep it for.

Back