New Vu+Duo user... Channel number problems

alanos

Hi,

Complete novice to these boxes, so I apologise if my question seems a simple one. I have tried searching for the answers but haven't found what I am looking for.

I have just bought a second-hand Vu+Duo from an online auction site. It came from a seller in scotland. However I am living in Yorkshire, so a lot of the regional channels are set to Scottish ones, for example iTV is set to STV and BBC1 is the Scottish regional one etc...

I would like to edit my channels to the correct ones, I tried to change the STV one (channel 103) to iTV, by first deleting channel 103. But then I cannot seem to allocate number 103 to the correct iTV channel that is in my list, so if I want to watch it I have to manually scroll all the way through the full list to get to it.

Please can somebody point me to a tutorial to explain how to do it? I would also appreciate a decent tutorial on how to download/install a decent EPG because the one it has at the moment is very confusing to use and jumbled up.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

dont bother with lists,by any chance is it vix image if yes press menu-setup-service searching-autobouquetsmaker-providers_you probably need sky england sd set up and ok.when done exit back and start scan when finished check your bouquets again.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately mine has a Black Hole image. I have no idea how/what files to back up so i can save my opened channels, otherwise i would flash it with vix.
It does have something called autobouquets on it, but i have no idea how to use that yet either (i only got the box on sat and have been a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options/settings etc on there) I have been trying out the EPG and find it really confusing and seemingly not in any sort of order.
Could you please let me know what important files need to be backed up before I reset the box and put vix on there? from the posts i have read it seems most people prefer it and say it's better than black hole.
cheers again
Alan

you will need to have a copy of your line ,if you reset your box it deletes your line info,is there internal hdd fitted as you may be able do a backup of image to save if you want to revert.

ok thanks... i know it's a pain but could you explain where i would find that?

I have had a look at the settings you mentioned in your first reply and managed to update the bouquets, so at least now i have local TV instead of Scottish! So thanks a lot for that. I knew there would be a learning curve when I got the set, I just didn't appreciate how complex it all is! I am determined to get my head round it though, bit by bit...

I guess what I would really like is some sort of basic description of how the system works, for example bouquets and cccams, and the differences in the available firmwares. Is there anywhere I can find info like that? Also the remote buttons seem to do completely random things, I only just realised that pressing TV brought up a better list of channels than pressing EPG did. Perhaps that's just the way my box has been configured? I think I had better have a look for some sort of user guide for Black Hole.

Thanks again for your help

Alan

Back