graycbr600

hi guys
Just about to order a Golden Media Xpeed LX 2 from W.O.S
In the firmware section got options ..
Official factory image
ViX Team image
OpenATV Nightly build
Egami Image
Which one will suit my needs begin a newbie to this ?

hi guys
Just about to order a Golden Media Xpeed LX 2 from W.O.S
In the firmware section got options ..
Official factory image
ViX Team image
OpenATV Nightly build
Egami Image
Which one will suit my needs begin a newbie to this ?

for a newbie defiantly go with vix image it is so much easier to set up and has everything you need already built into the image.
Enjoy your new box....

for a newbie defiantly go with vix image it is so much easier to set up and has everything you need already built into the image.
Enjoy your new box....

Would it be a case of plug & play or do I need to do anything else ?
Many thanks for your input ..

will need setting up when you get it,download the softcams hopefully mgcamd 1.38 for using nline,you will need to ftp 2 files to var/keys or usr/keys mg_cfg and newcamd.list like on the tuts for enigma2 boxes.will also need a line either for cable or sat depending on tuner.

Many thanks guys for the input so far ,this is well out of my comfort zone at the moment
Just placed order from W.O.S with ViX Image already installed ..
So whats the nxt step to get ready any links to newbie setup guides ?

over on wos or check around posts on forum here vix manual pdf download to pc plenty of setup guides and pictures.

Here's a easy way to get your box setup with VIX :)

Download my backup image from here: Xpeed LX2 Image backup this will set the box up for you, then all you need to do is add your nline, update the EPG for the latest listing and away you go. From that you can just finish setting up your box to your personal taste.

Here's a easy way to get your box setup with VIX :)

Download my backup image from here :Link: this will set the box up for you, then all you need to do is add your nline, update the EPG for the latest listing and away you go. From that you can just finish setting up your box to your personal taste.

That's great many thanks ..
Just got to do some more reading on the other two pointers you gave ..

Ah !! motorbike rider eh !!

Have a look here

just ignore the cable side if you have a twin sat tuner, just set them up the same
or follow the guide if you ordered the combo, (y)

I think im ready for the machine in the nxt couple of days (hopefully if I read the guides right lol)
Just now waiting for a reply on the request thread for a server & I'm good to go (fingers crossed)
Many thanks guys for all the input & help no doubt I'll be asking again soon for your help

Last questions hopefully
Do I need a viewing card ?
If the channels drop from the server will I still get the freesat channels ?
As work away from home some times & need a setup if the server goes offline the family, as got channels they still watch until I get back ..

No cards needed just a line from a server.

If the server goes down then it's a free view box until the server comes back up (it will work again automatically)
or you get a new server and put in a new line.

lol would you believe it ..
Box due weds AM delivery & now I've got to work away until sunday :boo:
Not worked away for ages bang goes doing my new toy install until sunday/monday

Back