(Newbee) H.2H or H.2S? what is the difference & which is better for me?

DeanR1977

Hi im a newbee to this forum (so please be kind) & just after a little advice.

I have been researching about getting a ZGemma box & stumbled on this forum, i have had Sky Tv in the past & have a package with Virgin but want to now cut the cable by saving some £'s & get a ZGemma, i like Virgin internet & have the fastest package in there plan but hate the Virgin Tv interface, Sky's interface is great & the new Sky Q looks awesome. I have access to a Sky cable & Virgin cable ( plus box) but not sure if i want or not sure which version i should get? I maybe moving soon but more than likely i wanna keep just the Virgin internet & probably have access to a Sky cable at the new address?
Can anyone recommend a box, i know i will need to flash the firmware & pics & stuff (plus find/request a line in the forum) but what is the best options for me?

Thanks in advance & thankyou for reading my 1st post

Zgemma H.2S is a twin tuner sat only box, although you can add a usb cable tuner but that is of course extra ££

Zgemma H.2H is 1 x sat + 1 x cable tuner box

The main difference between sat and cable is that you can get the HD channels (Sports, movies, etc) with a VM cable line unlike sat which is just FTA HD with a few extra such as MUTV, eir Sports, etc.

IMO most people would go for the H.2H if they had the choice of cable simply due to the HD channels although a line for it can be slightly more expensive.

Personally I would go with the H.2H and enjoy the lovely HD channels and worry about still having cable when you move.

I've only seen VM cable mentioned on here so don't know if Sky cable is an option

Last edited:
Thanks SciManG i think i be looking at one of these then, yes & i ment the Sky coax lead from my sky dish. Well i want HD if possible, i have a Amazon box with Kodi on it for new movies or catch up on new Tv shows but i need something for every day use & i think this would be the best solution.

What about options like multiroom or more than one box in the house?
& how much is a Virgin Line per yr (usual price)?

Thanks again

I don't have cable myself :sorrow: but from what I've read you can use a splitter for other boxes, as for price it will depend on which line provider you went with, but again from what I've read if you took £30 as the average for a decent sat line you are probably talking more £40 or so for a VM line

Get a h2h get best of both worlds, ie record on vm watch on sly, but would need vm bb and a sat dish, for sly and vm connections on the back of the box. On h2s is dual sat not as much HD, I'd say flash dsayers fw. Also you can get any skin for the box vm / sly / sly q. So you can have the interface hour you like it. Use this guide
https://youtu.be/DmFNpeTRKDQ
And get the new FM for this site and read that as well. You'll need 2 x usb as well one small for vm and one for the hd

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hi Dean,
from what you say I think H2H is the best option for you since you have the flexibility of have either sky or vm or both together. Only downfall is you'll have to pay for 2 lines if you want to record a programme while watching another. Good luck.

Back