Newbie - EPG Issues and Timeshift?

milodi

Hi all,

Apologies for the daft questions I am about to ask, but hours of googling hasn't answered my queries...

I have just got a 2S box and have very limited EPG info.
I have 2 sat cables plugged into Tuner A and Tuner B

I have a 8GB USB in the back of it at the moment but I get error messages popup saying "You appear to be in timeshift"...But im not as far as I know....

I have formatted the USB to fat 32 and I get an on screen message saying it needs to be ext3/4...When I click this I get the timeshift error?

Hope someone can help

on your usb did you try to initialise it as that should work as then it shows mounted and ext4.

on your usb did you try to initialise it as that should work as then it shows mounted and ext4.

Thanks for the reply..

When I go to initalise, I get the "Do you really want to" and a message below it says "You seem to be in timeshift, do you want to continue"

Press yes and get "Creating Hardlink to timeshift file failed.
The filesystem on your timeshift device does not support hardlinks.
Make sure it is formatted in EXT2/3

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 PM ----------

Ive managed to sort the EPG by manually downloading it from XBMC...

Hi, i set my dads box up earlier and hes having this timeshift issue, cant work timeshift because it cant create hardlink file needs to be ext2 or 3. Ive initialised it and made it ext4 still the same but it records just doesnt like timeshift.

Cheers

When you get that error message for timeshift, just try pressing 'ok button' and then it will hopefully enter timeshift mode

is there a sure way of clearing the above mentioned 'timeshift' error?

i seen on another thread (somewhere), that someone with same issue re-flashed and it sorted this ???
If that is worth trying do you restore the zgemma back to factory resetting before flashing?

thanks

Last edited:
Back