newbie from old

ukroy

Can I ask a question Used to have a old eurovox cable box on cable and wireless now virgin that was until thay killed them all bit out of the loop now.
Am I right in saying that the new box's work the same but have to be connected to a router all the time if so which box should I go for*
Roy

you could go for cable kryptview a780 or starview 7 or go sat route

is the starview 7 a new model as the a780 is old I think do thay work as the old boxes plug in the cable from your provider and scan for all the channels and get everything for free

Unless you get a Kryptview - which are very hard to come by, you will now have to pay a subscription to get the channels unscrambled.

Sorry for being a bit dumb but things have moved on and been abit lazy I remember that you allways had to a subsciption be the basic package to get a signal in , but am I right with the new cable boxes kryptview or any others need to be plug into the router all the time to work and all free channels

No such thing as free channels any more unless you get a kryptview.
all other options depend on you getting a subscription from a private individual who runs a server (anywhere from £50 to £100).
you will also need a live feed from Virgin running into your house.
You also need to connect the boxes to the internet at all times, but the broadband usage is quite small (it is not streaming, it is getting a little packet of info every five minutes or so that allows it to decode the channels).
Have a good read around - all the info is here, one just needs to seek it out instead of getting others to do the work for you.

Back