Newbie questions

JackoUK

Hi All,

Masses of info here but like all techs, seems to assume others are already at a level of understanding and the assumption its basic and known already, not always the case so my 2 questions are this

1) Once i have committed to a box of choice, to get the premium channels i will need to purchase a C line for sat feeds, can someone explain this in laymans terms, i presume its a file i upload to the box to decrypt the signal and if so what sort of money are we talking to get this?

2) Gifts, from what i can tell this is add on functions, can again someone explain this in laymans terms what they are and how much its likely to cost? again i assume a file i just load to the box once purchased?

looking at the zgemma twin tuner boxes but open to suggestions of what best, capable of loading and doing the techie stuff once known how, but dont wish to having to keep updating that often so anything that autoupdates is a bonus for me.

We never assume that you are technical minded or know it all.
This forum is here to assist the novice as well as the techie minded.
Your questions have been asked and answered many times over use the search bar at the top right, do a little reading and research and you will find everything you asked for including box recommendations.
Then after doing the read/research etc and exploring this site, feel free to ask for help and guidance should you need it.
BTW a line and gift are the same thing plus yes the Zbox is a good buy.
Reaper.

If you want a box that Auto Updates you need an E2 (Enigma 2) type box.

Personally I would buy a box officially supported by Vix.

Have a read here

There is also a guide here

If you go for a Zgemma, the guides for those are in the Zgemma section.

A "Gift" or to give it a proper name an N Line or C Line is a bit of code you put into the box to make the magic happen :whistling:

You will need to pay a server for the code.

Welcome to Techkings, we all started out in your position so don't be shy (y)

Last edited:
Thanks Reaper, i had searched but nothing was clear cut hence me asking the question for clarity, thanks to you and Bee's the mist is lifting now :)

Back