Newbie to Open box V8s

Firstly afternoon and thanks in advance.
Bought an Openbox, fresh and new from eBay. Updated the channel list and put a line on it...and nothing. I'm going to launch it out the windows! ! I reconnected the satellite dish cable...so have no idea why it's not working. Just shows NO SIGNAL!! Connected to my superhub via ethernet. .....HELP!!

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Any freeview channels clearing ?? Is your line active ?? Have you changed connection / network settings to Ethernet ??

Search fleabay for no signal fix as well.

The freeview channels were working. ..now there not. My line is shown online and with a green tick. The only thing I can think of is the dish may have moved. It is 6 years old...but would that be a problem?

That's on the list to check off.....when the weather is better. But shouldn't it just be straight forward plug in and play?
What are the main reasons it would not work?

it's plug and play for FTA channels you would need to install an updated channel list from AJsat to view sky channels

Did that, no joy. I'll try realignment of the dish when he weather is good. If not I'll be back lol

Check your signal levels, choose any freeview channel, press "OK" twice and the signal strength should be on screen. Write down both values then try it on 301 (sky premiere) and repeat. Post results in here.

It can be plug and play but if your dish is off by 1 degree at house then its miles away from the satellite. Is signal strength is low SNR% below 75 %, then take off F connector (silver thing connected to sat feed that connects wire to box) and push down or cut off any loose bits of silver wire on the outside, reconnect connector tightly and connect to box and check SNR again.

It can be plug and play but if your dish is off by 1 degree at house then its miles away from the satellite. Is signal strength is low SNR% below 75 %, then take off F connector (silver thing connected to sat feed that connects wire to box) and push down or cut off any loose bits of silver wire on the outside, reconnect connector tightly and connect to box and check SNR again.
Hi, all my channels are around 75% what would be a very good SNR number, thanks.

Hi, all my channels are around 75% what would be a very good SNR number, thanks.
At the moment all are showing 10%....but will sort when I get home

Damn. ...what's the solution. ...but will check all the connections and realign the dish. It is 6 years old

The freeview channels were working. ..now there not...

Did you do anything to the box between the time when they were working & when they stopped working? Did you play around with any menu settings etc.?

Check that the LNB power is set to "on" in menu > installation. Also check that the antenna setup > LNB freq is set to Universal (9750-10600).

Last edited:
Back