Newbie with some questions

Gavin94

Hi all, I've recently started looking into getting a sat box ahead of the football season (COYS).

I've been looking for something simple, cheap and cheerful and found the openbox f5s that has mixed reviews about it. I found one on eBay for around £80 which comes with a 12 month warranty, a 12 month gift and is ready to go. If anyone has any advice or can recommend another box around the £100 mark and a reliable place to buy from please post link.

Also what's happening about hd channels because I've had a read around and seen people are saying they're all down?

So what will I need? I have a sky dish and a Ethernet cable ready to plug in to the box. Also will my internet speed affect anything with the box?

Thanks, Gavin94

dont buy it off e-bay. buy from the TK shop or satman if he has any left and follow the link above.

Last edited:
lol, £80 for a box a year gift as well???

seems will be very very good, or very very bad and F5s are better

Most of the people who have bought the box and the gift of ebay the lines tend to be glitchy and the sellers tends to disappear or won answer your emails Buy the box seperate and get a line from a link above Also watch out for cloned boxes

I appreciate u lots concern and advice. The guy from eBay has been a member since 2008, has sold 10,000+ items, sold around 350 of these and also has 100% feedback. Also if I just buy a box what's an estimate price for a good SKY UK Cline with ppv?

Last edited:
I bought my f5s off ebay and it's working perfectly. Use your common sense. if it's too good to be true it probably is. Check out the feedback and comments and make a judgement yourself. if you need help setting it up pm me.

I bought my f5s off ebay and it's working perfectly. Use your common sense. if it's too good to be true it probably is. Check out the feedback and comments and make a judgement yourself. if you need help setting it up pm me.

Did u buy it with the gift?

Did u buy it with the gift?
You asked for our opinion If you buy it with a gift Please do not come back Saying your gift is down I must have read loads of posts on this subject like i said in my previous post If the seller tells you where to go after 3 months, there is nothing you can do about it Get your line from someone who has used the server get several test lines before making a decision

Ok I'm really new to this and I'm just trying to find out the best option. I don't want to buy the box and have to pay a lot more for a cline because I don't have a clue how much it will cost for a good one but I appreciate everyone's help. Im just going to order a openbox F5s and get a gift on here.

Last edited:
I didn't buy with a gift no. My box was 65euro. If you ask for a recommendation for a gift you will get lots of responses in your inbox. It's very hard to tell which one is good. trial and error i think

Im new here only days ago and have already received a skybox f5s with gift nline today and it works an absolute treat if you want anymore details pm me mate, if you don`t pm me good luck it really is hit miss.
Speaking from very short time experience though I could not be happier didn't haver to do anything to it, guy set it all up for me aswell, it was basically plug and play.
I would recommend buying some internet plugs aswell the ones I got work a treat - Netgear powerline av 200 mini xavb1301 ( you will only need these if you have no Ethernet connection i.e router next to your tv.
You will need an aeriel from your sky dish, no card is needed.
Hope this helps and like I say if you want to go through whom I did pm me and ill help you out.

P.s if its not alright to post what just have please delete ask me to delete, hope this ok with everyone, just trying to help the guy out, being a new lad myself, hope this is cool ( can you let me know for future reference also please )

Thank you all.

Last edited:
I agree about the internet plugs like the poster suggested above. They are about 20quid. Installing the n line is easy on the skybox. Pm me if you get stuck.

you will never learn until it goes down,12 month gift will go after 3 months more profit for them and you posted excellent box very happy with it,was it a clone you bought or an original,will you have a brick shortly and need reapers help to fix?

to everybody saves me repeating this 101 th time.

Last edited:
cacktikid - Are you talkin to me or just general questions floating around your head lol

Night all, see you tomorrow at some point :-)

Back