newcamd config. for two ZGemma boxes

hi folks. I need advice on something. I want to know if i have to change the newcamd file with anything other than the one N-Line(multiroom) i'm going to be using on the same home network for two Zgemma H2 boxes with a satalite feed for both of them. Reason for asking, my m8 whom i'm doing this for has been getting glitching when using two of his boxes but not when only using one. I've contacted the server provider and he assues me the N-line is multiroom enabled and can be used in two boxes same network. I've done a bit of online searching and noticed some people have included extra lines in their newcamd file to include "CWS = Keep Alive". i don't have any of that, its just the nline only

cheers

Hi all. Hope you all had a great Christmas :peace:I'm trying to setup two boxes, same network using one N-Line(that supports up to 3 boxes) as with the original post, its sticking/freezing alot when two boxes are online same time. I really am a noob at settings these boxes and need help with it please. I've been reading alot of posts regarding setting up one box as a server and the other box as a client. would this mean, i would edit the main n-line in zgemma box 2 to include the local ip address of zgemma box 1, so box 2 for example could connect to box 1 so both boxes can have lag free viewing. i really appreciate any help anyone can offer. thank you

Hi all. Hope you all had a great Christmas :peace:I'm trying to setup two boxes, same network using one N-Line(that supports up to 3 boxes) as with the original post, its sticking/freezing alot when two boxes are online same time. I really am a noob at settings these boxes and need help with it please. I've been reading alot of posts regarding setting up one box as a server and the other box as a client. would this mean, i would edit the main n-line in zgemma box 2 to include the local ip address of zgemma box 1, so box 2 for example could connect to box 1 so both boxes can have lag free viewing. i really appreciate any help anyone can offer. thank you

Are these boxes twin tuners mate? Not clued up on the Zgemma range. If they are twin tuners you would need the equivalent to 4 lines as one twin tuners requires two of your 3 connections.

That's a bit of a strange one, setting the two boxes up exactly the same the 2 boxes should run fine with no glitching. I've had 3 running with no issues.
I've not seen or heard of your 2nd method.
Have you hard wired them both?

Edit: The H2 is a combo, so technically he's only running two line

Last edited:
there both single tuners. Zgemma H2 sat/cable combo. I'm a bit confused with it aswell to be honest. its a virgin media super router being used for home network and is at present setup with the exact same newcamd.list file server line. but constantly glitches when using two boxes same time. I'm at a loss with it :(

there both single tuners. Zgemma H2 sat/cable combo. I'm a bit confused with it aswell to be honest. its a virgin media super router being used for home network and is at present setup with the exact same newcamd.list file server line. but constantly glitches when using two boxes same time. I'm at a loss with it :(

Thats the box I have but I'm pretty sure that there's 2 tuners on it, so your only using one feed per box yeah?
This would rule out the number of connections being used per box.
Im using a VM super hub for 2 boxes with a multi connection works tip top. Are they both hard wired or are you using homeplugs for the second box?

aye, sorry two tuner but only one being used bud. one box is hardwired using ethernet cable and the other with a wireless ethernet access point. both boxes worth flawlessly when only one is on the network.

aye, sorry two tuner but only one being used bud. one box is hardwired using ethernet cable and the other with a wireless ethernet access point. both boxes worth flawlessly when only one is on the network.

when you say network point, have you thought about a set of homeplugs to have both hard wired?
That's my setup and works tip top

aye, I'll give it a go guys. nothing to lose. i'll keep you'se informed. will take time for homeplugs to be delivered and then get to my m8 whom i'm doing this for, cheers. have a wonderfull new year aswell :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:40 PM ----------

actually, argos do them cheap.might just get them from there.

line issue would need to be talked to provider as some say 1 line per tuner [bad] and others will let you run a twin sat or twin cable tuner box with 1 line which is much better(y)

combo box if working on both will need 2 lines as 1 for sat and 1 for cable.

multiroom will allow 3 connections i think so recheck with supplier

agreed hard wired is best,is it the first crappy super hub with issues?

line issue would need to be talked to provider as some say 1 line per tuner [bad] and others will let you run a twin sat or twin cable tuner box with 1 line which is much better(y)

just to confirm then these H2combo boxes although they have two tuners one must be used for sat and one for cable or can both be used on sat?

no a box that has a sat tuner only works on sat
and a cable tuner can only work live cable feed=vm

a box that can use 2 sat feeds =solo2

one reason why to read the specs of any box your looking at.

just to confirm then these H2combo boxes although they have two tuners one must be used for sat and one for cable or can both be used on sat?

Yes one for sat one for cable

PMSL, I bought the box on your recommendation lol, wasn't sure if it had to be used for both, I thought the tuner could've been used as a sky twin tuner, see where thought got me lol

Last edited:

PMSL, I bought the box on your recommendation lol, wasn't sure if it had to be used for both, I thought the tuner could've been used as a sky twin tuner, see whether thought got me lol

Easily done with the zgemma range, you'd think they could of come up with a better naming/model numbering system [emoji23][emoji23]

not my recommendation lol mine is higher that can run true vix image
like solo2 =twin sat
xtrend 8000 3 swappable tuners..

whats life without some fun lol

hey bud.yes, its one n line that allows 3 connections. as each zgemma H2 box will be using its satellite single tuner only, that's two connections. Its both boxes that gets the issue i've been told by my m8 when using two boxes same time. I've instructed him to go buy homeplug AV2 from currys for £19.99. to make them both hardwired. as one will connect through the homeplug and the other direct from the router itself.

---------- Post Merged at 06:17 PM ----------

there no cable connection being used other than using virgin media internet of course :) no live feeds being used.

---------- Post Merged at 06:20 PM ----------

I Did have the Zgemma H2 but upgrade to the ZGemma H.2S. excellent little machine. bought it as a decent twin tunner for the living room. cant complain :) set it up myself using the tutorials from techkings :) its my pride and joy atm hehe. just waiting on a 128gb sd card to arrive to make it even better

---------- Post Merged at 06:25 PM ----------

yes bud, one for cable and one for sat. suvise to say, the cable connection isn't being used.

Just an update: my server provider moved the n line to a private server and everything worked perfectly after that running two zgemma's same house. I suspect this private server is less crowded :) thanks for all the advice

Back