Nintendo 3DS blocks DS flashcarts

sinno

VIP Member
As we had imagined, original Nintendo DS and DSi flashcarts are not functioning at all on the Nintendo 3DS. Members of our forums have tested compatibility with multiple cards, and results are 100% negative. Tested flashcarts so far:

* Supercard DSTWO
* Supercard DSONE
* R4 DS
* EZ-Flash Vi

From the first reports we've received, the flashcart icons show up normally in the 3DS menu but refuse to launch. Will flashcart manufacturers release firmware updates to bypass the new protection of the 3DS? Hard to say, but they are probably at work already. The first team to break the 3DS protections will certainly receive great praise from the community.

So far anyway,im sure the next round of updates will get them working

Little is known and this has yet to be confirmed, but if the R4iDSN.com team is to believed they've managed to make their R4i flashcart work on the 3DS as can be seen in the video above. These team members are not associated with the R4iDSN.cn team who donated R4i Gold cards to the Tempmas contest, an important distinction.
The recently-released CycloDS iEvolution cart has been confirmed to work on the 3DS by the Cyclo team. What's even better is they report it's working in DS mode with the stock bootstrap and 2.1 firmware.

Unfortunately DSi mode will not run at this time, as there is no DSi bootstrap for the Japanese region
It didnt take very long,still needs to be tested outside of the respected teams

Acekard 2i flashcart to run on the Nintendo 3DS. However, they are not willing to release the update immediately, for the reasons below

We won't release the patch until more testing is made. And we are also concerned Nintendo might block it so *maybe* we'll release it after the 3DS is released in US and Europe

Back