No cable signal

mcrred

I have a amiko t2c mini with a test and everything is connected to the server fine.
Problem is I've got zero signal for any channels fta or otherwise. The setup used to work - but I haven;t used cable since last year.

Have they turned off the signal to the house/street? Is this something they do?
Or am I being a bozo and doing something wrong (again!)? [Using Manchester netids].

do a blind scan using 6952, if you don't get anything come through on that then the signal is dead, you do have the vm feed in the correct tuner yeah?

Yh, only one tuner in the amiko.
Think the feed is dead...though it used to work last year and we haven't been with vm since it was ntl
I'll try blindscan again but I'm not hopeful - the last time it was working the signal strength meter showed something - this time, nothing

Yh, only one tuner in the amiko.
Think the feed is dead...though it used to work last year and we haven't been with vm since it was ntl
I'll try blindscan again but I'm not hopeful - the last time it was working the signal strength meter showed something - this time, nothing

Possibly your cable that's the issue from wall box to cable box. Try another cable as it should scan if the feed is live and you will only get sd fta channels clearing until the line is added, are you using a splitter at all?

"No channels found".

Not using a splitter (or an attenuator) but I'll try a different cable...

Just checking - I have NIT on; does it matter what QAM is set to?
I'm guessing the only way to check if the feed is live is by putting the box on it? Is there such a thing as a satellite signal strength meter for cable?

Have you configured the tuners properly, your sat tuner should be disabled and only the dvb/c tuner enabled. The minute your feed is placed into the back of the box you should see signal strength bars going up

Yeah, it's a standalone box with it's own feed from the wall. I've tried different leads and there's zero signal on it so I'm thinking they've cut the feed to my property somehow.

I'm going to have a poke around the box outside with a multimeter and see if anythings live. If you don't hear back from me it means I poked the wrong socket lol

Thanks for your help mate

Well. That was Interesting...Took the cover off and all it has is a simple TV/FM attenuator plonked inside with a standard f-connector wire coming through the wall. I don't know but I expected something more hi tech.

There's 0.5v on the line so i assume it's still live.

I'm now thinking it's me :doh

Settings I'm using on the Amiko mini:
Frequency - 666.7
Symbol rate - 6952
Modulation - QAM64
NIT Search - on
LCN frequency scan 410.6

Is there anything obviouslywrong with those settings for the Manchester area? (I've tried the two other Manchester netids too).

There is a guide here

Have a look at the photo for scanning for cable.

For amiko boxes
Your net Id is entered into the frequency field 410.6
The frequency 666.7 isn't needed.
Symbol Rate 6952

Flick through the Qam's until you get a green and yellow
signal across the bottom of the screen.

If you don't get the signal across the bottom it's not worth scanning for channels
you will get nowt.

If you don't get the signal bars you may have been cut off from the box in the street.

There is a guide here

Have a look at the photo for scanning for cable.

For amiko boxes
Your net Id is entered into the frequency field 410.6
The frequency 666.7 isn't needed.
Symbol Rate 6952

Flick through the Qam's until you get a green and yellow
signal across the bottom of the screen.

If you don't get the signal across the bottom it's not worth scanning for channels
you will get nowt.

If you don't get the signal bars you may have been cut off from the box in the street.

You could also try

Freq 410.4
Symbol Rate 6887

Manchester 1 NTL ex C&W 41040 666.750 6.887
Manchester 2 NTL ex C&W 41060 666.750 6.952

Thanks for the help everybody. After trying several times over the weekend I'm now thinking that they've cut the feed.

There's still a small voltage on the line which is what was confusing me. I thought they just left the lines live, but heh.

Thanks again.

Hi
Usually VM-NTL only pull your connection on the street node (green cabinet ) when you don.t pay the bill.!
Not that I am suggesting that at all.
I doubt you will find the cabinet open...though i have found loads of the open..It sounds as though you have been disconnected from the nearest node in your street. VM engineers do this.
The best way to check if you have an active line is to check the NTL-VM White telephone box in your home..an active line will have around 40-50 volts DC across a pair of wires.

Back