No connection to VM Hub3

daylo

Hi
I upgraded to a VM Hub3 over the weekend Now I can no longer get an internet connection to my 3 x zgemma's ( LAN or wifi dongle) for some reason when i run the internet test the IP address is not seen. Tried rebooting etc many times even went back to the old router but all 3 boxes seem to be buggered.

Any ideas?

I have tried this - still not working. I can see the box IP address via menu/info panel/network, I turned off DHCP and entered IP address manually, mask 255,255,255 but not sure what to put in the gateway field.

Strange how everything was working fine before I moved to HUB3

if you log into your hub3 and look at connected devices are your boxes listed? this will show if the issue is the boxes not connected to the router or the router not allowing boxes to have internet access

Hi
I upgraded to a VM Hub3 over the weekend Now I can no longer get an internet connection to my 3 x zgemma's ( LAN or wifi dongle) for some reason when i run the internet test the IP address is not seen. Tried rebooting etc many times even went back to the old router but all 3 boxes seem to be buggered.

Any ideas?
login to my.virginmedia.com
have a look at your apps and turn off your web safe

turn off your router , turn off your boxes
check your lan cables

turn on your boxes let them boot up
then switch on your router

this method worked for me

as for your wifi you will need to login to your router 192.168.0.1
check your wifi settings for 2.4g and 5g
on connected devices you should see your dongle and other devices connected

Gateway is the Ip of your hub. Usually 192.168.0.1.
Change nameserver to 8.8.8.8
Thanks for the advice all boxes now connecting to my Hub3.

I am not sure which bit fixed the problem, the only thing I didn't try before was the nameserver change to 8.8.8.8.

thanks again

Back