No internet connection

Wycleff

Hi all today my box was working fine running wooshbuild on vermin turned the tv off went out when i came back it was froze on a channel now can only get fta channels and my lines fine it seems to be it wont connect to the internet. any help please?

Hi all today my box was working fine running wooshbuild on vermin turned the tv off went out when i came back it was froze on a channel now can only get fta channels and my lines fine it seems to be it wont connect to the internet. any help please?

have u tried rebooting router ?

have u tried rebooting router ?
hi yeah tried rebooting the router also tried a new ethernet cable but still nothing even my iptv on the box doesnt work so the problem lies with the box i was wondering if it was worth doing a factory reset on the box and reinstalling the software?
cheers

hi yeah tried rebooting the router also tried a new ethernet cable but still nothing even my iptv on the box doesnt work so the problem lies with the box i was wondering if it was worth doing a factory reset on the box and reinstalling the software?
cheers

there is something in the router, about "child safe and browsing"n ot sure exactly wat it is but i know u should turn it off, who is ur BB provider,
also i wouldnt do a factory reset ,not good

also have u done a nettwork test with box
menu/system/network/device setup/network test

ive done a network test and i get lan adapter-lan conection. local network-connected. DHCP-enabled. IP address-unconfirmed. Nameserver-unconfirmed

it was all working fine earlier today went out then came back and it had stopped working.

cheers

i would 1st try putting ethernet lead in a diffrent socket in router, then reboot both router and box

Turn off box and router,
Turn router on,
Wait 5 mins
Turn box on
It may be a conflict of IP addresses

go to vm web page my virgin media and at the top of page click on apps scroll to web safe and turn every thing off you don't need it on any way if you have your own internet security

cheers. everything is turned off in apps and when I do a network test the bottom 2 ip address is not green it says unconfirmed and nameserver is also not green and says unconfirmed. I haven't touched anything when it stopped working.

cheers. everything is turned off in apps and when I do a network test the bottom 2 ip address is not green it says unconfirmed and nameserver is also not green and says unconfirmed. I haven't touched anything when it stopped working.
have you backed up your settings if so restore them and everything should go back to normal happened to me a while ago its either that or a reflash id say

hi im going straight from router to box. and no ive not backed up my settings can i just do a backup of the full image and then try doing a restore?

cheers

Back