no or bad signal blade media 7000s no channels

Just today when I turned on my blade media I noticed no or bad signal. I checked the dish settings and seen the level was at 32% and the quality jumping between 20-25%. I can't get any channels at all. I got my friend to check the sat dish for signal, as he works for sly, and all was ok?! I rebooted with a hard reset, installed the latest firmware, entered in my line again and still the signal is staying at 20-25%. Another few things that's strange are the time and date. Everytime I power the box up it jumps back to sep 2009 00:00. Even stranger I think is when I take out the coax lead from for the box, the signal is still there, 20-25%. Surely I thought that should've went to '0%'. Has anyone got any ideas of what is going on here. Can't find any answers to this at all. Not even picking up fta channels :(

You could try the blade in a friends house with a sky dish, and see what happens. First ive heard of this.Good luck mate, let us know if you sort it.

A mate of mine is calling past on sunday with his blade box so I'll get to the bottom of it then. Totally baffled by it myself. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks bilbo

A mate of mine is calling past on sunday with his blade box so I'll get to the bottom of it then. Totally baffled by it myself. I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks bilbo
Hope your friends blade dosnt work either, then it might be a cheaper fix for you,... an lmb or a few metres of satellite cable.

Everytime I power the box up it jumps back to sep 2009 00:00.

After trying all mentioned above^,

I would guess from what you said quoted above depending on how a blade media reads the time i.e via internet or sat signal it is one of the two.

I have never had to set the time on my box ever, even with factory default firmware (so no internet) so my guess is your sat signal is bad or faulty lnb.

Best idea is to take it to your mates house (providing he has sky working of course) plug it in and see what happens OR plug a sat box in place of the blade to try to rule out signal issues.

btw I changed your thread title to some a little easier to find by other user's :binoculars:

What firmware should I have jon? Ive got the 5/1/12 installed. Is that not the latest?

Yeah guys, gonna give my mates blade a go and that should tell me a lot more. I have the right sat yes 28.2e. Just hoping it is something like an lnb. but as I said, my friend checked the connection today for the dish and it was reading ok on his meter. He works for sly. He just isn't clued into the blades etc. thanks for all your responses though. ;)

Ok folks. Got my friends sly box and hooked it up. The quality was great and had no problems. That rules out the dish signal and any other connections. Any suggestions on where i go from here?

Hello folks. Just an update to as what the problem was. It was LAN fault within the box. Sent back to manu and they got it sorted. Thanks for your help everyone

Back