no or bad signal

MOG

Recently I have noticed BBC1 HD and BBC HD not working and message no/bad signal. Checked the frequency 10.847V for both channels. Checked signal in dish settings strength 85% quality 40-50% and very erratic, the power bars in red (poor reception I think). Is this beacause the channels have moved or is it a problem with the dish or lnb. By the way still using 119p not had time to upgrade. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

look at full channel list all satellite channels and the will be duplicate channels just replace them

yea thanks I had thought of that but I only have 1 version of each of these 2 channels. I just use A-Z for sorting so all available duplicates always on show. Thanks for trying anyway bobby

According to freesat, the BBC has altered the way that they broadcast HD and they recommend re-tuning your set top box.

This solved the problem on my Humax HD where the procedure is: -

Press Menu on the remote control.
Scroll down to "Setup" using the down arrow using the silver ring surrounding the OK button.
Then highlight in yellow "Freesat Tune" using the up/down arrows if required
Press OK and you will see your Post code. This should not need changing
Press OK again to see the Continue? notice
Press OK and you will see Progress bar as channels are found.
Press OK to confim "Save"
You will then see the postcode screen again!
Press the Exit button (to the lower left of the silver ring on the remote control)
Select channels 108 and 109 to confirm that the BBC HD have been restored.

I got the dreaded blank green screen when watching BBC HD after a minute.

This was due to my old Samsung HD TV not syncronising with the HDMI output and was resolved by switching off the TV to standby and after waiting 10 seconds switching the TV back on again.

Have you tried the channels out of the groups?.

Click groups > ok on astra >> when the channels shows click ok to show channel listing >> press RED for sorting >> highlight B for BBC then pull > and see if any work in there.

If not try another CNDF in the blade online menu?, see how you go with that.

Back