No picture on tv

bofh

Hi
Just plugged in my h2s for the first time.
The openatv logo appeared briefly but then the TV shows no input.
Restart the box and this time no openatv logo.
The TV no input stops being displayed for a few seconds then comes back.
It's like there is no signal from the h2s.
It's brand new from the site sponser.
Any ideas ?
Thanks

Is your TV 1080p cause I had this issue with 1 image I flashed it was set to 1080p as standard and the TV I was using was only 1080i also on the lcd display does it say boot then count up to a 100? Could be the hdmi cable or the hdmi port in the TV have you tried different ports and cables?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Its 1080i I think.
I'm using the sky HD cable which is working fine for the sky box.
I haven't tried an image yet so it has whatever was on it.
The LCD counts up and then the clock appears.
I can turn it off and on using the remote but nothing on the screen accept the no input the TV displays when the input device isn't on.

Had the same black screen change 1080p to 1080i , , had to use another tv to change , as i could not get into menu

Sounds like it's set to 1080p have you got a 1080p TV in the house you can try it on then if that's the reason u can change it in the settings menu to 1080i that's what I did to sort mine out. I use opentv would you like to try it blind

Nuts :(
I don't have another TV.
I'll have to wait and ask next door if I can try theirs.
Pita and I thought it would be so simple...

Menu...up...up...OK..OK..OK. ..down down...left....OK should change it to 720 p

look in the zgemma section and follow wooshmans latest v3.03 build. that should have you up and running in around 30mins

OK its booted up after power cycling it.
Back to clock
Tried the instructions to change the output but still nothing.
Thanks for trying.

Have you tried switching it off an on again at the back?? Do you have you line backed up you could reflash it using wooshbuild his is 1080i as standard

That's the build I was going to use but I left my USB stick at work and can't find my other ones.
Will try woosh tomorrow.
Cheers

Menu...up...up...OK..OK..OK. ..down down...right...green button. then restart the box. from my screen that should put you from 1080p to 1080i. Worth a shot if you're still stuck
Menu...up...up...OK..OK..OK. ..down down...left....OK should change it to 720 p

sounds extremely similar to the problem i encountered in setting my new box up over the last couple of nights. i would have had it up & running last night had i known this was an issue.....
i discovered that i had no signal being received.
i established that the f-connectors have to be fitted on your input cables, better than when you were using them in your sky box. i re-made both the inputs and then i received a signal.
zgemma box now operating fine with excellent signal strength.
i'm very much still learning, but i hope this helps you.

Back