No Signal Issue ?? Zgemma Openbox no signal

Hi Everyone.

I am new to Techkings so please excuse my lack of understanding on anything tech related haha.

The reason I have signed up to this website was out of desperation. I have an Openbox and a Zgemma H2s. I have a sky satellite dish and an Ethernet connection. This issue I have is that both of these boxes display the 'no signal' symbol. I have tried a original sky box and it seems to be working fine. I have also tried the zgemma and open box at my brothers house with no issues. The confusion begins when I tried my box in another room upstairs, they both worked fine. I then proceeded to extend the co-ax satellite cable from my upstairs living room, where it worked and I tried to bring it down to the room where the box is supposed to be set up. The same wire which worked upstairs now doesn't seem to be working downstairs. I have also tested the Ethernet connection it seems to be working fine as I tried it on a PS3 and an Android box with no problem. I have also had my co-ax cables from the satellite tried with a machine which shows the signal, and it seems to be working fine.

Sorry if it all seems mumbled and jumbled but this is the state of my mind right now.

THANK YOU !

Hi Everyone.

I am new to Techkings so please excuse my lack of understanding on anything tech related haha.

The reason I have signed up to this website was out of desperation. I have an Openbox and a Zgemma H2s. I have a sky satellite dish and an Ethernet connection. This issue I have is that both of these boxes display the 'no signal' symbol. I have tried a original sky box and it seems to be working fine. I have also tried the zgemma and open box at my brothers house with no issues. The confusion begins when I tried my box in another room upstairs, they both worked fine. I then proceeded to extend the co-ax satellite cable from my upstairs living room, where it worked and I tried to bring it down to the room where the box is supposed to be set up. The same wire which worked upstairs now doesn't seem to be working downstairs. I have also tested the Ethernet connection it seems to be working fine as I tried it on a PS3 and an Android box with no problem. I have also had my co-ax cables from the satellite tried with a machine which shows the signal, and it seems to be working fine.

Sorry if it all seems mumbled and jumbled but this is the state of my mind right now.

THANK YOU !

I will ask the questions the people who can probably answer your question will want to know.
Does the original sky box work downstairs on your extended cable?
How exactly have you extended the cable? ... and is it a twin cable.

Back