no signal

willwin01

hi guys
im unable to get any signal at all on my zgemma s2.
ive been trying with the guy who installed the dish and his tool says the dish is picking the signal up with good strength ..yet box says no.

he nor i can work it out.
looked through the forum for similar problems and tried new images, old images..other sats to search for..all sorts..
not getting ant joy..
and further help would be great.
thanks
Will

Have you got the tuners set up correctly? -set them to Single, 28.2e Astra 2E/2F/2G in tuner configuration

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok then there are most likely 2 causes

1. Faulty box
2. Faulty cabling

You could try running some new cable and try that or easier try using a different box (any sky box would do) to confirm that it's not the cabling. If it works on a different box then you know it's your box. If you have tried different images from off here it's unlikely to be software either which would then point to the hardware (zgemma)

Thanks for your speedy reply and I'm kind of thinking it's the wiring.. The box is brand new as of last Monday. The guy who's put the dish up says it's signal on his meter is 99%..I'm gonna borrow a friends original sky box and see what that says.
Won't be while weekend though so I'll get back to you.

Yeah there are 3 main builds on here sucumandsee, whooshie and mtpockets. They are all in the download section and have info on how to install and setup :)

Are you using one sat cable or two to the box ?
Tuner configuration is dependant on that ?

I'm actually using a gigablue downstairs with 6 tuners ;) But I have a 2s in the bedroom that's twin tuner but no it doesn't matter you can turn on/off tuners in config. The only difference is when you also have cable but that's a different box

Are you using one sat cable or two to the box ?
Tuner configuration is dependant on that ?

Yeah I know I have 2 cable and I'm sure that they are set up correctly because I've tried numerous images from this site and others and all come back the same...no signal

2 cable? Are you sure. The boxes I'm aware of are 2sat and cable/sat combo....

Willwin 01

If you are running one sat cable to tuner A then tuner B must be not configured !
Not sure what your last post was saying ?

Try one connection only to tuner A set on astra 28.2e and turn Tuner B off and try it ?

Last edited:
Yeah there are 3 main builds on here sucumandsee, whooshie and mtpockets. They are all in the download section and have info on how to install and setup :)

OK well that rules software out because I've tried all 3.
Thanks.
I'll get a sky box over the weekend and let you know how that goes.
There are trees in front of the dish..and I did tell the guy installing the it that I'd like it set back as far as possible to clear the trees, but when I came to inspect his work he'd not listened obviously because he had put it in the middle of the wall (to save on coax no doubt) right in front of the trees
I wanted to say something but he said it was fine being there because he was getting a good signal on his meter.
I'm just wondering how full of crap he was talking...

Last edited:
Willwino1
If you have an android phone then download the app called satellite pointer.
It gives you line of sight info to see if the sat position is obstructed ?

Yeah that's correct, so I'd suggest trying different box/cable still as that's the other weak link

You could have check that the fplugs (screw ends) are secure in both the dish and back of the box. Also you could disable tuner 2 and try both cables one after the other in tuner 1 to see if you get anything

Back