No VPN, Risks?

Don't think so, but I wouldn't worry, some servers had trouble streaming the footy so they asked
customers to use a VPM, the better servers sorted it out at their end so you didn't need one.

Just use the VPN for downloading, if your iptv works without just be thankfull. I don't use one on my subs and long may it continue, it just means the isp has not identified the stream your using.

Even if the ISP don't block streams or if your provider doesn't need a VPN, I don't see the harm in having one. They are cheap and offer a layer of security.

I would only use a vpn for kodi or torrent sites unless getting blocked by your isp then use one if not i wouldn't bother till you really need to use one but as @bees mentioned most suppliers use vpns now them selfs and some don't allow use of vpn on their iptv service

Even if the ISP don't block streams or if your provider doesn't need a VPN, I don't see the harm in having one. They are cheap and offer a layer of security.
I am assuming if you use a VPN your supplier may not be able to identify you as a paid up member.

I am assuming if you use a VPN your supplier may not be able to identify you as a paid up member.

I think some servers may operate this policy.
One of my providers doesn't need a VPN, however it works with/without
My other provider does need a VPN, and only allows you to change VPN Servers once every 24 hours.

I have two servers neither which you need a vpn but i am using one. They are both warning if sly start their tricks that a VPN will be needed.

A lot of suppliers don't allow you to use a vpn and never had any problems not using one. I don't think broadband suppliers monitoring anything anyway.

A lot of suppliers don't allow you to use a vpn and never had any problems not using one. I don't think broadband suppliers monitoring anything anyway.
Broadband suppliers are monitoring it is just the servers are getting around it.

I dont recall where I heard this but I believe the main isp's have algorithms that monitor your internet traffic without breaching any personal data protection laws as they dont actively track what, where or how you use the web but they can see the volume of traffic/bandwidth used. The algorithms are capable of identifying the source/servers by the number of an isp's 'own customers' connecting to the same location, if this is correct those who dont use a vpn may in time have their service restricted but this is just speculation as the isp's still need to determine IF the bandwidth used is for leagal or illegal streaming purposes before they act, running a vpn circumvents the blocking order that the top isp's must adear to or at least thats how I understand it.

I am not 100% sure either all i know sky did something last year and all the streams went off when the football came on. However, most servers found a way around the situation. From what i can understand from my two suppliers they are going to deploy the same tricks again. From what i can understand the fix last time was very time consuming so what my suppliers are saying if it happens again you will need a VPN. I suppose like evreything else we will have to wait and see.

That is the case but what some people don't realise it's going to come into play for all football not just Premier league euafa and fifa have applied for the same court order for champions league and Europe league aswell but as been mentioned it's just a waiting game how long before they find a way for those using vpns?

the work around last year was for providers to add a vpn sevrerside, isp's see these new algorithms as a step towards putting a stop to that method, this is the reason many are saying that in time the way forward will be for clients to use their own vpn. Nothing is set in concrete as no one is 100% & may simply be speculation althought it does make sense

Realistically then it seems that people aren't really aware of the (legal) risks of not using a VPN or how they might be affected in future.
The risks for end users have always been low and it's doubtful the EPL or whoever would go after users/streamers rather than servers but it is a possibility. They'd only need to prosecute a few users to send out huge shockwaves though imo.

I use a VPN, when I recently took trials for a backup server the best I came across wouldn't allow me to use a VPN so I went with the 2nd best. Am I worried about going to Jail or getting fined for streaming? Not particularly but it is still a consideration and one I'm prepared to pay a small amount for.

the work around last year was for providers to add a vpn sevrerside, isp's see these new algorithms as a step towards putting a stop to that method, this is the reason many are saying that in time the way forward will be for clients to use their own vpn. Nothing is set in concrete as no one is 100% & may simply be speculation althought it does make sense
I suppose you are correct with that chain of thought if the two sides are protected with a vpn it would be very difficult to block any streams.

Back