Noob buying and settiing up for the first time

sibon06

Hi

I'm a complete noob to sat boxes, I saw one come up on a social feed, looked into a bit and here I am. I've been on google and looked through the forum here and have found I can get pretty much all the tutorials I need. However before I go and attempt anything I would just like to check that I am right in think that all I need is:

A Box - looking at a Cloud Ibox 2+ (SE) on ebay for around £60
A Sky dish (already wired in, but I'm currently on Virgin)
Internet (comes with my virgin pack)
A "gift" (request one through the forum here)

My question is will this box and the tutorials / downloads I can get from here be all I need to get up and running?

With it being my first set up trying to keep it pretty basic and cheap, will be keeping virgin but taking it back to a basic package and running this along side for a month or so.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you rgood to go mate once you have the box.
Get yourself up and running with FTA channels and then look at sorting the additional out.

Just read that again and sounds l mean wait to get the additional sorted out...I just mean get FTA sorted out first and then add your line.

Last edited:
Well the box arrived yesterday. Plugged in, connected to a tv, internet and sat dish. Starting to wish I'd got one set up but you don't learn anything that way. So i turned it on and I get Openpli screen - which I didn't expect to be on. Do I stick with Openpli or is there a better one. Thats pretty much where I am. Can someone give me a order of what I need to be doing to get FTA channels. Tried going through the forums and just keep getting confused. I'll look for the tutorials once I know what i need to be looking for.

I've got a Cloud Ibox 2 Plus SE, connected to an old Sky Dish.

Cheers in advance

Last edited:
So you already have an image on your box?
If you plug it in then you should be getting FTA?
You could try updating the channel list?
Obvioulsy you will then need to get your line. You will need to set your network settings up so the box is talking to your network.

Back