Noob needing advice.

Craigyboy

Hi folks.

Had enough of a big satalite tv company taking 90 quid a month of me. Can you help with following questions. Looking at buying 2 x zgemmas s2 twin tuner for the house.

1. Do these play in HD ? Some videos show HD some show no HD logos in corner.
2. Does this work direct from dish or do you need good wifi ie is it a streaming box?
3. Do you need to inatall into same place where multi room was previously? Ie i need existing tv tuner sockets into the room in question.
4. Wheres best place to get 2 boxes and lines for a multi deal?

Cheers in advance

Craigboy the NooB

Hi Mate

I will do my best to answer your questions.

1. Only Free to air channel will play in hd. Also bt sport etc...
2. It works from the dish but the box will also need an internet connection to be able to connect to a server. And also a subscription/gift to that server. (n or c line)
3.It would be easier to install where the previously cables already are. You can then just put these directly into your new box. You can also run new cable from your dish etc to other rooms if needed.
4.I've heard these guys are pretty good REMOVED BY ADMIN.

Only a few hd channels work, need dish and internet connection, look through the threads on here to see where you can purchase

Hi there i have dish and connection already.

Don i keep paying for hd?

Do i just pay basic package or cancel altogether?

How do i know which ccline will be all HD?

I would cancel your subscription. You dish will then act as a Freeview dish and you will still receive all fta channels

The Cline which is setup on your new box will on offer SD for subscription channels. All fta channels will remain in HD.

Cancel altogether just use 2 sat cables from dish and Ethernet lead from router, you won't get all hd channels ask provider your going to use

Oh dear. I hate being a NOob. I am normally a wizard with technology. Hate learning new stuff. So best place to buy a box and line etc? Or you not alowd to advise on threads?

I seriosly want a box and gift (line) but i love my HD so much.

They also sell the h1 model that does both sat and cable but if you want both sat and cable you'll have to buy a line for each 1. For cable you'll also have to have a Virgin cable Internet. I wish I could get it in my erea

hi there, newbie here and getting more and more confused! cancel my sky, just signed up to talktalk for phone/broadband/tv package but considering openbox/zgemma/vu zero. talktalk not connected yet so can be stopped. should i re-consider, cancel tv package, if so which is the best phone/broadband supplier. what about fibre? have posted elsewhere here looking for similiar answers. sorry if it's repeating.

Back