NOOB requires help with updating firmware & cclines on Open Box S10

I'm so sorry but I dont know where to really start. I have been given an OpenBox S10 (without a remote) and one that you can no longer views chanells on, i guess as they have expired. I am totally new to all this. I have tried googling and come accross lots of videos on updating firmware or cclines. I have not even switched my box on yet, however my questions are 1. do i need to update the firmware? The last firmware update is 2 yrs old, so possibly not? but i need to check this on my device, then I guess I am looking for simple instructions on updating the firmware.
No i understand to get the chanells I need to add cc lines? from a server that works? I guess i need to be pointed in the right direction, where to get active CClines and how to add them into the box, although i have seen the instructions here "Adding CClines to your openbox" so i presume i follow those instruction, (Once i have the cclines that is) Finally do i add anything in addition to get the chanells. SO sorry Im sure you get Noobs like me all the time, but I'm totally new, but can follow instructions, so appreciate your help. Will buy a remote control online but can the menu be operated from the box till i get one? many thanks in advance

Unlike some of the newer models, the S10 has front panel buttons that you can use to navigate through the menus & channels.

As it's an old model, there are no new firmwares for it. Before looking to see if there are any later ones, just use the firmware that's on the box for now & see how it goes. You may not need to change it.

Before looking for C lines, make sure the box is working as a FTA (free to air) box first. When you switch it on, you may find that a lot of channels already work, although if the channel list hasnt been updated for a while a lot of channels may have moved frequency. To get the latest frequencies you can either install an up to date channel list (such as AJ's), or scan the box yourself by doing a single satellite search for FTA only.

I don't know if you have already ordered your remote yet, but I got some spare remotes from this seller:-

1x ORIGINAL SKYBOX F3 F4 F5 M3 REMOTE CONTROL OPENBOX S9 S10 S11 S12 | eBay

Thank you, I'm going to plug my box in now and see what comes up and will report back shortly. PLease direct me to AJ's chanell list, incidentally i did a search on ebay & watched the same remote, but I will wait first to see if the box is airing before i buy a remote. many thanks

---------- Post Merged at 07:40 PM ----------

Hi Have plugged the box in, it says scrambled. &nbsp;I pressed the menu button and was able to access the Menu, it required a 4 digit pin, whihc i am hoping is the one marked by someone on the bottom of the box. &nbsp;I was also able to press on the Chanel list and whilst most of the chanels said No Signal, one of the chanells was working. &nbsp;There were 70 chanells and they were all Asian/Indian Chanells. &nbsp;Maybe I do need to update the chanells, I saw an option for single satellite search but could not do so as I do not have a remote to enter the pin. &nbsp;I am guessing there is no way to enter the pin, without the remote. &nbsp;Assuming I have the FTA box and get the remote, i guess my next step is to get the premium "channels" Do i buy a subscription for these? or do they come with clines? where do i get clines? etc etc many thanks in advance<br>

Use skybox.cc for firmware updates and use Aj sat channel list. I can give you a link for the numeric channel order like sky. But pm me for more infor or servers

thank you, what i need is step by step instructions on how to update channel list and the cline servers please, many thanks, i'll order a remote today then, or can i configure any universal remote??

Back