not enough space on hdd...but there is

swish

Hi folks, trying to do a complete backup, on wooshbuild (easy to follow and setup - thanks wooshman), i have a 1TB hdd in the back but when i go to do the complete backup it says not enough free space, 300MB required. There is plenty of space as i have only recorded one program so far. Any ideas?

Wondered that but thought seeing as it can record it was ok. Can you give me easy steps to initialise and i will try that please

Ok i have now initialised it again and gone through the backup but it is still saying needs 300MB, anyone got a suggestion of what to do now?

Ok i have now initialised it again and gone through the backup but it is still saying needs 300MB, anyone got a suggestion of what to do now?

when you look at the disk what is the total space currently used ?, I'm guessing you've got the default size of swapfile , usual other stuff; epg etc and a movie

Yes just 1% used, j got the box do have only tried recording one programme so far

and you're trying to do a complete backup to that same hdd using the "red" key under Image backup ??? and not a usb in the front panel ?

Yes correct!

you got a usb stick that you can try to backup to in the front using the green button from the Image backup screen ? , from memory you need to create a file on the usb call backupstick or backupstick.txt before the backup will work with a usb, I got mine up and running on wed and have done a few backups since (I've only got a 300GB HDD)

You can tell if the hard disk is set up by pressing File List on the remote.
Just above the list of recordings it tells you HDD size and % remaining.
If it doesn't show the 1TB disk, it has set up recordings to go somewhere else which probably means the HDD isn't initilalised properly.

The disk size is there Willo and i have 99% remaining it says (i just tried recording to see if it reduced and it did)

Just from amazon, it was about 50 quid. It has worked on the computer no problem, and as i say does take recordings. Maybe i should try a different one, i do have another somewhere...

which one is recording going to as i had a usb stick for epg and external hdd for recordings,somehow roles reversed and the epg went to hdd lol.
storage devices check names settings and size are correct for both.

Have checked and recordings definitely going on the hdd, sizes are correct for both! A mystery for sure!!

is there not something about a backup cant be more than 125mb ?
have you added stuff and made it more custom or got loads of plugins

Last edited:
Back