Number of issues with combo box?

channelking

I need some advice and help if possible. I have setup the box as best as I could but the basic features of the box are not working as well as it should.

1. I have CrossEPG setup with Sly and have used a plugin ( cant remember what it is now) to set up EPG for vermin. However it only shows 4 days worth of shows on both and not a live 7 day EPG. What could the issue be which is causing me not getting a live 7 day EPG? Could there be a conflict potentially?

2. I have experienced freezing on a channel which results in the VIX loading sign appearing in the top left corner and doesnt allow me to change the channel etc. Then I have to power the receiver down and power it back on and everything is fine. Has anyone experienced this and is there a fix for this?

3. Anyone with the same box how have you set up the RCU? This allows functions of a normal TV remote to work on the combo box remote.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I have TM nano 3t.

im using build 166.

I ain't got clue what to do. I have so many issues and I can't fix them.

If i were you i would clean flash back to build 163 download it from vix downloads..I have had loads of issues also with vix build 166 on my VU+ boxes so i flashed back to 163 and all is good..don't update just leave box on 163 for now till vix puts out new image build as 166 is the last Apollo build.

If you dont want to do that then i would reformat your usb used for epg storage and see if that helps,Also ensure your channels are bang upto date as theres been a few changes in the last week.
as far as the remote goes read the manual there is a guild of how to set it up for your telly and find your tv code for remote or you can set it to search.

freezing channels could indicate your box is to hot..check out the fan speed and temp anything over 35c can cause freezing and real sluggishness.

Last edited:
You sure the issues I am having will be solved if I flash to build 163?

Also where do I get the tv code from?

Where do I find out the fan speed and temp? I dont know if you know what I mean, when the channel freezes randomly I get the vix loading sign not sure if you know what I mean and I have to turn the receiver off.

I have read some posts on the VIX forum stating they require crash/debug logs to diagnose issues, which most likely applies to me. Is it wise to upload these logs, by that I mean does it show whether you are using a line and does it show line details, provider info etc?

maybe as dummer said 166 has issues not really checked myself as on old image,start afresh with new 163 image and no settings restore,make sure before you do that if running a nline put a folder on your desktop named 3t and ftp your newcamd.list and mg_cfg from box to folder,and when box reflashed download your cam 1.38 for nlines.sometimes when crap happens is to start again and it does get easier the more you do it.hope you have a good blank usb for flashing box?

maybe the way your setting it up? i would setup the sky sat tuners first and forget about cable for a few days to see how box runs rather than throwing everything on first time,as we said before always start afresh nothing restored.would also do a channel scan on 28.2 and dont choose freesat just your sd from location.

TBH I have followed bees guide to a tee.

How exactly would you flash from fresh and restore out of curiosity?

I have scanned channels on 28.2 and didnt choose freesat.

Like I said I have follow all instructions yet I cant get 7 days EPG on sat and cable and top of that the vix loading sign is appear quite alot now which again makes no sense to me.

you read the flashing guides for your box that has your new image on usb,i dont use restore and others should also start saying no to restore unless you want bugs back in.i have asked you many times do you have a usb for epg to go to? think i mentioned not to setup cable and try sat first before doing cable ???????

Why does it matter if EPG is saved on HDD? That is not the cause of the 7 day guide not showing up on sat or cable.

Nor is the HDD the cause for me have the VIX spinning sign continuously.

Mate this is not a joke, I am going crazy with all these issues but no solution.

Hi mate dont worry its bound to be something daft....have you set up the epg correctly?
in the epg settings have you selected skyopen28.2e as your epg provider? is the default epg data storage selected ie usb drive
You say you have flashed loads of times but was it always the same image the same download?
DO as i suggest and use vix 163 CLEAN FLASH set up box again from scratch..make sure you set up epg correct..you select opensky from provider choices make sure you open ABM set it up correct for your area and you run a clean scan for channels..
first thing is connect box to net after flash and install your plugins and cams etc from feeds and ftp your cline over to etc,a clean set up will only take 10 mins..

Hi mate dont worry its bound to be something daft....have you set up the epg correctly?
in the epg settings have you selected skyopen28.2e as your epg provider? is the default epg data storage selected ie usb drive
You say you have flashed loads of times but was it always the same image the same download?
DO as i suggest and use vix 163 CLEAN FLASH set up box again from scratch..make sure you set up epg correct..you select opensky from provider choices make sure you open ABM set it up correct for your area and you run a clean scan for channels..
first thing is connect box to net after flash and install your plugins and cams etc from feeds and ftp your cline over to etc,a clean set up will only take 10 mins..

Yes I set up EPG correctly, I have you cross EPG for sat and some plugin EPG for cable but doesn't show 7 day EPG.

The EPG data is saved to HDD.

i have flashed 2 different builds every time I flashed.

So if I flash to 163 will that solve the VIX spinning sign issue and EPG issue?

---------- Post Merged at 12:21 PM ----------

Would uploading debug and crash logs on the VIX forum help diagnose the issues in question?

Anyone know if both types of logs shows whether you are using a line and shows line details, provider etc?

Can anyone who has uploaded crash/debug logs on the VIX forum to resolve issues tell me whether these logs show whether you are using a line or line details?

Thanks

Back