1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only getting 24 hour epg on Virmin but 7 day epg on satellite??

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by Eddiecraw, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Eddiecraw

Eddiecraw Member

Well, as the title says.....

I've got a temporary set up on my vu+ duo2 box ready for when we move house.....soon!

The cable side works perfectly, got all channels, perfect snr/agc with no glithces whatsoever.

Only problem is the epg only shows 1 day of programs on the Virmin lists. And yet the satellite list shows the full week ahead!!

I use Crossepg Downloader for my epg and have never had a problem otherwise. Is there a setting I am supposed to change to get a 7 day epg for cable? Or a separate plugin that does the job other than crossepg?

Cheers guys.

2. Cable Dude

Cable Dude Member

I would recommend EPG Refresh and set it to VM Preview channel for 120 seconds (2 minutes). It will populate your EPG with 5 days worth of information.

3. Eddiecraw

Eddiecraw Member

OK I'll give that a go. It's that instead of cross epg or alongside it?

4. ste

ste Forum Supporter

Use EPG Importer instead of CrossEPG - enable rytec and VM UK services and also add jenseneverest Virmin sources too and you'll be good to go :)

5. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

i want vm irl services:D for 5 days

6. chrisc1982

chrisc1982 Member

I only use crossepg for my Irish vermin and remaining sly channels and the vermin epg lasts 5 days and sly ones last 7 days, was it always like that or only recently

7. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

i was told to use epg refresh for 24 hrs for cable only as remembered xyxy was tinkering with a file for longer epg