Open EPG on Mutant HD 51

Toddy2

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I have been having problems with Open EPG, whatever settings I apply and save! the following day when I check it's blank again, I am using the latest Openvix image and reflash every 3 or so months.
I have now resorted to using the EPG importer with Rytech.
There must be something I'm missing , I run the exact same settings with Zgemma 7S but rarely check the EPG as it's used only in conjunction with recording or watching whilst Mutant is recording, and if it's left for more than a day EPG falls in.
It's getting a pain to have to force download daily.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Do you have storage device mounted and initialized and also path set in main epg settings to save epg,dat file to storage device. or any other epg plugins running like epgrefresh that may be interfering. And I take it it is satellite channels because it iptv and abm runs after your chosen plugin to pull in iptv epg then abm will clear iptv epg on bouquets. ABM should be firstplugin to run then import after that.

Do you have storage device mounted and initialized and also path set in main epg settings to save epg,dat file to storage device. or any other epg plugins running like epgrefresh that may me interfering.
Yeah storage 1gb internal, all paths are correct to HDD, do have epgrefesh running, unsure if that would interfere?

Do you have storage device mounted and initialized and also path set in main epg settings to save epg,dat file to storage device. or any other epg plugins running like epgrefresh that may be interfering. And I take it it is satellite channels because it iptv and abm runs after your chosen plugin to pull in iptv epg then abm will clear iptv epg on bouquets. ABM should be firstplugin to run then import after that.
No IPTV on Sat boxes, will recheck all paths tomorrow box in use!

Cross EPG works well on satellite
Hi Bud
Used to use cross on old H2s! Funny now with Sat how few comments you get for help.
I prefer openepg , I went back in settings after I made sure it was enabled and Importer disabled, then enabled every EPG source in those settings and saved.
Touch wood all good today even with a reboot of router and devices!
Big thanks to @urie for help

Hi Bud
Used to use cross on old H2s! Funny now with Sat how few comments you get for help.
I prefer openepg , I went back in settings after I made sure it was enabled and Importer disabled, then enabled every EPG source in those settings and saved.
Touch wood all good today even with a reboot of router and devices!
Big thanks to @urie for help
Forum is not what it was a lot of the old members no longer come on here. All Iptv these days.

The EPG coding has code to reject corrupt data. A change was made to to fix this about a year and a bit ago. Is you image newer than that change, you have not said which image/and version/date of it you are running. People some time say "Latest" when in reality they are not on it, always better to say the number/date.

People keep asking about storage devices, this is only used for saving and loading. EPG is held in RAM. It will happily use a fat32 device a the location for storing the cache, it does not have to be initialised. (Initialised = formatted in linux file system). It has to be mounted and reliably at startup.

Are you using an internal HDD, external HDD or USB flash drive?
Have you got a power timer set?
How are you shutting down the receiver and how frequently?
Are there any crash logs on receiver? Perhaps it is crashing when you are not using it and you are not aware of it. Crash logs will be generated automatically, they do not have to be enabled. Default location is /home/root/logs
There are two modes of booting the HD51, are you using the mode that favours PiP (picture in picture) or other?
You have "tried everything", but what are the current settings? Post a screenshot of the EPG settings page please. Also post a screenshot of the OpenTV EPG download settings you are using.
Do you have an issue receiving some channels when both receivers are on?

The EPG coding has code to reject corrupt data. A change was made to to fix this about a year and a bit ago. Is you image newer than that change, you have not said which image/and version/date of it you are running. People some time say "Latest" when in reality they are not on it, always better to say the number/date.

People keep asking about storage devices, this is only used for saving and loading. EPG is held in RAM. It will happily use a fat32 device a the location for storing the cache, it does not have to be initialised. (Initialised = formatted in linux file system). It has to be mounted and reliably at startup.

Are you using an internal HDD, external HDD or USB flash drive?
Have you got a power timer set?
How are you shutting down the receiver and how frequently?
Are there any crash logs on receiver? Perhaps it is crashing when you are not using it and you are not aware of it. Crash logs will be generated automatically, they do not have to be enabled. Default location is /home/root/logs
There are two modes of booting the HD51, are you using the mode that favours PiP (picture in picture) or other?
You have "tried everything", but what are the current settings? Post a screenshot of the EPG settings page please. Also post a screenshot of the OpenTV EPG download settings you are using.
Do you have an issue receiving some channels when both receivers are on?
Thanks for your input, I'm not in a position at the moment to do screen shots as the TV is in use.
There are no crash logs, the settings I am using are identical on both boxes.
The HDD is internal and without disturbing the TV being watched I can honestly say it was reflashed to latest Openvix less than 3 months ago.
I don't use a build just Openvix and reflash via box using backup to restore settings.
I have openepg now set to auto and on settings I enabled all EPG and saved yesterday, at the moment all is good even after reboot which was problematic before.
To fix the problem last week I switched to EPG importer which worked but persevered as I prefer openepg

Enabling all EPG options is wrong. You have not fixed the problem, you have avoided the problem and used another method. Lets wait for the screenshots and hopefully we can get to a resolution for you.

Edit:
If you flashed the image three months ago, it cannot be the latest unless there have been no changes since then. Please always say the version number. Eg 6.4.008. Some images like ATV uses dates and not numbers, so people using those should include the date.

Last edited:
Or the phone you’re using to take pictures with

Type the ip address of the box in your browser and go to screenshot

Back