Open Webif port attack

nibor52

Open Webif port attack
Hi Guys

Any help would be grateful with a problem I am having with Webif on my Zgemma-Star-2s box , it started about a month ago when I was watching tv through my normal Sky HD Box I looked over at the other TV and noticed my Zgemma-Star-2s box was flicking through the channels without me doing anything and to cut a long story short I found out that a dozen people were accessing it over my WAN because I had opened ports 8001 and 8002 on my router so I could view channels over the Web. I shut the ports on the router and checked the logs on the firewall and port 8001 is getting probed by these people every few seconds and my router doesn't have the capabilities to allow MAC address access to ports so I can either allow all traffic or none. Would putting a root password on my box and streaming password on Webif stop other people streaming from my box or is there a way of changing the streaming port in Webif? As I said any help would be a great . Just a quick bit of info , the box locks up constantly if I leave port 8001 open on the router and performs great if I close 8001 on the router , I even rebuilt the box with the latest version of Vix to see if it still locks up with port 8001 open and it does.

Many Thanks

Robin​

To access from outside would require your external ip address. I'm no expert on the streaming and ports but you could try opening a different port on router for streaming, a port above 1024 and then go into openwebif plugin settings on the box and change the stream port to match the router

Back