Openbox automatic channel updates!

Bigdrinks

TK Veteran
Just received an interesting email regarding 'new' firmware that will enable auto updates of channel lists. The gist of it is here:-

"important information for OPENBOX owners for F3, F5, V8 and V8S receivers.
We can now offer new firmware that will enable you to update the channel list (TP_PROG.dbs) via the remote and not have the hassle of downloading a file copying it to the USB stick and updating into the receiver."

Any views?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that would be something i would be definitely interested in was actually thinking of changing my bow just for that reason

i've had the same email and it cost £29.99. I'm waiting to see if any others report back that its working.

At first i thought, "ooh that would be cool", but then I thought it won't be in sky order, like cwaite's list??

---------- Post Merged at 12:00 PM ----------

i've had the same email and it cost £29.99. I'm waiting to see if any others report back that its working.

£29.99 for the firmware???

Screenshot_2015-10-01-12-18-14.jpg

This is from the email says it's £29.99

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ----------

My mistake £29.95 lol

I'm not willing to pay that as I can update through USB very easily. Also, like i have stated, what order will it put them in???

Last edited:
Openbox How to Upgrade TP List Via Network

Note:
1, you can upgrade following models via upgrade, upgrade to new firmware or upgrade to new TP list, models including:
--Openbox V8S/ Openbox V8Se/ Openbox V6S/ Openbox V5S;
-- S-V6/ S-V7/ S-V8.
2, Please don’t power off during upgrading! When power off, box will lost data and dead.

1, Upgrade Box with the software which support Network upgrade via USB.

2, After Upgraded , go to “ Network Local Setting” Menu, can find “ Upgrade By Network” Menu, Click “ Upgrade By Network ”, then will enter menu: ( see picture):

3, click “Connect” , then box will connect to Server , upgrade ready;

4, You can choose upgrade “ Firmware” or “ TP PROG”, then go to right menu, press OK on remote controller, box will upgrade automatically;

5, After upgraded successfully, box will restar.

Hi sorry i'm new to this forum and probably posted this in the wrong thread . Is there somewhere i can download the latest lists from? Any help would be aprecciated.

Openbox How to Upgrade TP List Via Network

Note:
1, you can upgrade following models via upgrade, upgrade to new firmware or upgrade to new TP list, models including:
--Openbox V8S/ Openbox V8Se/ Openbox V6S/ Openbox V5S;
-- S-V6/ S-V7/ S-V8.
2, Please don’t power off during upgrading! When power off, box will lost data and dead.

2, After Upgraded , go to “ Network Local Setting” Menu, can find “ Upgrade By Network” Menu, Click “ Upgrade By Network ”, then will enter menu: ( see picture):

3, click “Connect” , then box will connect to Server , upgrade ready;

4, You can choose upgrade “ Firmware” or “ TP PROG”, then go to right menu, press OK on remote controller, box will upgrade automatically;

5, After upgraded successfully, box will restar.

Totally lost me!

??????

All working ok no need to pay

Just received an interesting email regarding 'new' firmware that will enable auto updates of channel lists. The gist of it is here:-

"important information for OPENBOX owners for F3, F5, V8 and V8S receivers.
We can now offer new firmware that will enable you to update the channel list (TP_PROG.dbs) via the remote and not have the hassle of downloading a file copying it to the USB stick and updating into the receiver."

Any views?

Downloads
all you need and all free ive downloaded installed all working fine please share NO NEED TO PAY ANY ONE .................................................................................
http://www.yojiatech.com/index.php?route=module/download
all you need and all free ive downloaded installed all working fine please share NO NEED TO PAY ANY ONE .................................................................................

I would sell you the info for a tenner - but as its free on the official openbox website .........:yes!:

there are plenty of people out there that don't access forums like this that will be happy to pay the money, though the sellers are really taking the P at that price for something they don't own/didn't develop !!!

I've just loaded the new firmware to have a look. Not tried the TP list update yet though!

Back