Openbox cline problem

Very simple procedure-----
If your line comes as a file named CCcam.cfg then format a USB key to FAT32 add file to key. Power bov on and insert key then use remote to menu---network local settings [if only 3 lines showing here press 6666 before you highlight network open settings]Now press on camds set up and a pafe of pretty pics will appear---click on CCcam [top left]---update by USB and follow onscreen instructions---exit---reboot and working.
[Don't forget to remove usb ]
You can insert line manually in same place if your line comes as C:/etc etc
Or read the stickies on how to insert the line into notebook as CCcam.cfg file and put onto key as step 1.
Reaper.

Hey Guys,

I have a CCcam config file wich iworks fine as i am using it on one openbox v5s at the moment. This cline also can be used on up to 4 boxes. I have a second openbox v5s which i have been using successfuly but with only 1month subs. When i go to update the cline this is where i hit as snag. The second box reads the CCcam but when i go to manage config files so that i can active it i get a blank box (no sever to activate). I suspect i may have to do a factory reset but i'm trying to avoid this as my understading is the favourate/channel list that was installed before i received the box will be deleted. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

...The second box reads the CCcam but when i go to manage config files so that i can active it i get a blank box (no sever to activate)...

You shouldn't need to do a "Factory Settings" just to enter a new line.

Are you entering the line by USB or manually?

If you are doing it by USB, then it looks like it's not being accepted. Did you do it this way:-

Insert the memory stick into your box.
In the menu select Tools > Upgrade by USB > Upgrade Mode = Misc Files.
Scroll down to "Select & Upgrade". Press OK.
From the pop-up box that appears, highlight CCcam.cfg & press OK. A tick should appear next to it.
Press the yellow button to "Upgrade".
When done, press the info button. CCcam.cfg should show OK.

Hey Kremmen thanks for the reply,

When updating using the tools menu as you suggested info does show OK or by the camds setup under network local settings the box does confim it has found and added the user account. the issue is when i then go to manage config file the server is not there to activate/deactivate instead teh manage config option presents a blank box. Unfortunately at this stage i have reset the box to factory and uploaded ajsats channel list and now when booting up teh box is stuck at load. I think it's just a bit opf bad luck and the box has packed in completey.

Hey Kremmen thanks for the reply,

When updating using the tools menu as you suggested info does show OK or by the camds setup under network local settings the box does confim it has found and added the user account. the issue is when i then go to manage config file the server is not there to activate/deactivate instead teh manage config option presents a blank box. Unfortunately at this stage i have reset the box to factory and uploaded ajsats channel list and now when booting up teh box is stuck at load. I think it's just a bit opf bad luck and the box has packed in completey.

Oh dear. Looks like it needs to be recovered using RS232 method now.

Back