Openbox help

Hi guys I have 3 openboxes V8S put in 2 weeks ago, my mate was thinking about getting one set up at his house, if I sell him mine will the line stay with the box so that all he would need to do is plug it all in and link the wireless to the box?

I'm thinking of getting Vu Solo 2 Duo for my main room, are these easy to get up and running with new line etc, my open boxes got put in but think Im going to try learn how to do it myself this time?

its sounds like to me that you have got all three boxes on the same ip so for this reason the answer will be no.you will have to remove the line from the boxes before you sell it to you friend.if your friend try's to put the boxes on he's ip without you moving the line you will have all 3 boxes go down

Hi guys I have 3 openboxes V8S put in 2 weeks ago, my mate was thinking about getting one set up at his house, if I sell him mine will the line stay with the box so that all he would need to do is plug it all in and link the wireless to the box?

You would have to remove your line from the box you sell him, if you don't that would be classed as sharing your line, I don't know of any provider that allows line to be shared between friends and family. Providers who allow more than 1 box on the line must all connect via the same router in the same household. I fyou do sell your mate the box and leave the line in places your line provider will just cancel your line and no refund either so you would have to buy a new service.

I'm thinking of getting Vu Solo 2 Duo for my main room, are these easy to get up and running with new line etc, my open boxes got put in but think Im going to try learn how to do it myself this time?

These are Enigma 2 boxes, you will need to install a operating system like OpenVix, then you would have to complety do this from scratch, making sure you get all the settings loaded, get your channels scanned, EPG updated, line loaded, Softcam manager, hard rdrive mounted etc etc. There are pleenty of thread on the forum to do this so please search for them.

You would have to remove your line from the box you sell him, if you don't that would be classed as sharing your line, I don't know of any provider that allows line to be shared between friends and family. Providers who allow more than 1 box on the line must all connect via the same router in the same household. I fyou do sell your mate the box and leave the line in places your line provider will just cancel your line and no refund either so you would have to buy a new service.

These are Enigma 2 boxes, you will need to install a operating system like OpenVix, then you would have to complety do this from scratch, making sure you get all the settings loaded, get your channels scanned, EPG updated, line loaded, Softcam manager, hard rdrive mounted etc etc. There are pleenty of thread on the forum to do this so please search for them.

Ok great pretty much answered what I wanted to know, didn't realise so much work involved setting up but I'm usually ok at following guides.

Thanks for replies!

Consider getting a twin tuner box for your main room, have the ability to record one channel whil watching another. Once you have these types of boxes loaded they are a major setup from the basic openbox.

Back