Openbox - s11

Hi all,

I have an Openbox S11. This is the 2nd Openbox S11 I have had, the last one "crashed" and I could never get it working again. When I say crashed I mean the LCD screen was blank, no messages, etc.

Earlier today the exact same thing has happened. No display on the LCD screen. Now I know some will call me stupid for buying a 2nd openbox but my knowledge is limited to openbox so familarility with the menu, firmware, etc. was an issue.

I have searched through treads and cannot find a step by step solution to fix this problem.

Does anyone know of a tutorial or youtube clip that details the procedure?

Thanks,

Castlebarred.

Kremmen,

Thanks, my searching has also directed me to the RS232 route. Do you know what makes the box go dead? Does leaving it on standby or turning it off or leaving it on all the time have anything to do with it? Just trying to find out what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks again.

Kremmen,

Thanks, my searching has also directed me to the RS232 route. Do you know what makes the box go dead? Does leaving it on standby or turning it off or leaving it on all the time have anything to do with it? Just trying to find out what I'm doing wrong!

Thanks again.

I've had many different openboxes/skyboxes in the 2 years since I've been interested in these boxes, & have never managed to brick one. So I don't know if it's just a random thing, or whether there's any pattern to it.

The only time I've needed to reflash a box by RS232 was when buying dead ones on Ebay.

Back