openbox scrambled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulfur

I'm a bit of a newb so bare with me,the problem I have is my openbox v8s has worked faultless for 6 months but the last week has frozen constantly up until the point where I can only get free to air channels,I've contacted my server who says everything is ok on his side,I've tried the usual rebooting Internet and box,I can access the weather app on the box itself and that works. I'm on bt Internet is it possible it could be blocked via them even though it's worked ok for months ? It uses a mcgamd any help would be greatly appreciated.

Request a test line from the satellite section general requests for a line February 2016.
That will then show if it's your line or internet playing up.

Sounds like line as the weather app works mate as benjiofar saidtry test see if server is lying to you
Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah I've requested an advert for a test line as a last resort just didn't wanna mess anyone around looks,my friends works fine using the same guy but he's got a zgemma box,would there be different servers for different boxes ?

Should all be from the same server if it from the same person can you take your box to a freinds to try there if you get a test remember to deactivate your current line ( i would also make a copy of it) as they sometimes conflict with each other

Without sounding too newbish how do I make a copy of my line ? I had a look last night Under the setup but wasn't too sure

go into the menus and select backup to usb
select cccam.cfg or newcamd.list (dependent on line) from the new window and then save to usb

Last edited:
Yeah it deffo used to say mcgamd on the channels when they were working I'll have a look when i finish work.

Paulfur
I am quite happy to put your line on test for a couple of hours using a V5S and via MGCamd to emulate your set up.
If you want me to do this then let me know and I will PM you my email address for the file.
Going out for a couple of hours now but can do it upon return.

Channel list would more than likely give a no signal message rather than the $scrambled sign which usually is internet or server issue

Yeah that could be an option mate. Could an out of date channel list cause this ?

I can test this during the day when presumably there is nobody in using the box ?
Not a problem for me as I have bugger all else to do.
As dillyp70 states, the channel list would not cause the issues you have, only server or internet would.

Did you get the line details inan email or was the box set up with it when you purchased it

If you want to pm me your landline tel no and a suitable time tonight I will ring you and talk you through it all ?

I actually haven't got a home phone . Yes I know I'm useless I get back home quite late but I've been told to knock some BT smart setup off hopefully that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back