Openbox v5s rebooting issue

Hi all

I am a complete beginner with this so any help will be much appreciated.

I got my openbox v5s a couple of months ago but only got around to setting i up this week.

Whenever I plug the coax cable in the box never starts up and keeps on going from 1 to 100 before repeating. When the cable is not connected the box starts up fine.

I have tried redoing the coax cable and making the wire protruding shorter and shorter but to no avail.

I now have the coax cable plugged in and the box starts but I think that this is because the copper wire is so short.

I did a channel search last night and it returned no channels.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You need to leave a couple of mm of centre conductor protruding above the body of the F plug so that you can insert it into the inner socket of the connector on the box. As long as you do that you should be OK.

Do you have another PSU of the same type with the same voltage & polarity, & with the same or greater current (Amp) rating that you could try?

Has that LNB previously worked OK with another satellite box?

Thanks for the reply.

The LNB has previously worked as the previous owners had sky.

I have since bought an adapter for the coax cable which fits perfectly into the openbox and the same happens ie it keeps looping around from 1 to 100.

I don't have another PSU to try that.

Any other suggestions? Is there an adaptor I can buy which can help?

make sure there are no stray strands touching the inner core and that the foil around the inner core protector is pulled back properly. I know it sounds stupid but also make sure its in the LNB IN and not LOOP

---------- Post Merged at 02:54 PM ----------

i have also found before that the lnb had cracked and let water in, something that should be checked if you think the cable is wired correctly

Thank you for the help. I looked at the cable again and there are no stray threads.

I don't know how to check the lnb but I will see if I can get my hands on an old sky box and see if that works.

When the coax cable is plugged into the loop the openbox at least starts.

Any other help or ideas? I remember reading about a plug in that changed the voltage going to the receiver?

So if am correct you having a loop from 1 to 100 when you connect the coax cable? One thing is clear...its got nothing to do with the cable am 110% positive! Your hardware might have a fault. Don't despair now! Loop happens when currents in the box soften up due to either use or just issues bur that's not something an update can't solve! No need to cut your cable any shorter than what is already is n give ya box an re - update if it already has the newest one in. A fault would certainly not fix it in that case contact the seller. Open boxes aren't the best tbh

Back