Openbox V5S scrambled channels at one location, but not at the other...HELP!

rizzybzy

Right so i'm racking my brain about this. I have a openbox v5s, programmed, reflashed and channel list added at my house, everything working fine using MGCamd. I've taken it to my brothers house, and i'm getting all channels scrambled except FTA channels. I know that the ethernet is working as i can get onto the youtube app on there. I'm with talktalk and brothers with sky for internet providers, could this be the issue? Just to double check, I took the box back to mine, and it worked straight away. Also to be noted is the fact that on the scrambled channel i get a signal intensity of 90% and a signal rate of 74-75%. Hope somebody can help me!

hi mate did you try the basics, like switching router off? trying another ethernet cable? try another ethernet port?

You have to reset your network settings [ip etc] turn DHCP to off --exit---re-enter ---when settings change, click apply---DHCP to on then exit and reboot. Should work then.
Reaper.

Last edited:
if what reaper says doesnt work, try setting a static ip, go into box and input settings into dhcp, then go onto router and put that ip address into dmz mode which will allow all access to that ip, ive had to do that before.

it wont let you save dhcp off tho unless the settings are valid, so when you go to exit and re-enter dhcp will still be on.

---------- Post Merged at 11:12 PM ----------

try what reaper said first, go into dhcp and switch off then apply then exit, then re-enter and try switch dhcp back on then apply and exit see if it works.

Give me a few minutes guys, just on to the phone with my brother i've left his house now, i'll get him to test it out.

That hasn't worked, even though I know that the ethernet is working and I know the box is picking up an internet signal i.e. youtube app, the DHCP still makes a difference?

All sorted now, the problem was that I had 1 Line on two boxes, ok for one location, not two! Big thanks goes to waldo176 for helping me out! :grin:

Back